Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help! Someone convince me I'm not overly imaginative!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 06:57 PM
Default Help! Someone convince me I'm not overly imaginative!

Hi. I came to this forum in the hope that someone can help me.

In December, 2014, I bought a 2015 Honda Civic EX. One of the features I really liked when I first had the car was that the windshield washer reservoir had its own little dipstick -- a plastic affair with little holes, so when you pulled it out, you could tell the level of fluid by looking at the highest hole that fluid had adhered to. There were markings "Low" and "Full" so that you could know if you needed to refill it. I remember thinking, "now here's an idea that I've never heard of, but it's so genius."

Now I am wondering if I just imagined it. I brought my car for service a few weeks ago to the dealer from which I bought it. When I went to fill the reservoir recently, I found the cap of the reservoir off, and no little dipstick anymore. When I went to another Honda dealer to try to buy a replacement one, they assured me that the Civic did not have, and never had had, such an item, showing me several Civics in their showroom that didn't have any such item.

So here is my two-part question:
1. Can ANYONE confirm for me that this thing does in fact exist, and was not the product of my imagination? (I'm fairly imaginative, but I don't think even I could trick an item into existence, and then convince myself that it actually existed, when it did not.)
2. If yes, does anyone know where I can acquire another one? I would really like to get a replacement.

Hoping some of the smart people on this forum can help a new Honda owner....

s

Old 08-05-2016, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

check here for the part https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ under "windsheild washer" #1 it appears that you do in fact have a plastic dipstick,so it mite have fallen into the tank. you should be able to easily remove the tank and see if its in there. although the part number is not listed so im not sure whats going on,but you can clearly see it in the diagram ???

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 08-05-2016 at 05:51 PM.