Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP!!!! wiring nightmare with supercharger and vtec controller

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Default HELP!!!! wiring nightmare with supercharger and vtec controller

Hey guys. Im in way over my head here. I need mad help. I have a 2000 ex that the wire harness got wraped around the supercharger. All of the sensor wires are there just need to know where they go.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:12 AM

Ok, so you are doing the supercharge swap right now? I assume the wires were not labeled at all when you pulled everything apart? I made that mistake while doing my H22 swap.

I assume you have a JRSC? Post some pics of the wire connectors you have laying around and the color wires which are going to them.

How is clearance with the strut tower wall and the P/S lines if you do have a JRSC? I had to make a bracket for the p/s return line since it was rubbing the belt during my install. Also, I had to bang in my strut tower wall for clearance, too :/

Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I think the OP is saying that it was set up and running by someone else, but the wires have been damaged now.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

if everything got ripped out but there is no damage to wires you are probably gonna have to get a engine wire harness diagram and go through the color codes on each plug to see where they go... if they all got ripped out and wrapped around a pulley then you are probably better off getting a new wire harness before you go through all that work just to find there are a bunch of broken wires which could possibly cause a lot more problems. You could also check continuity of each wire or if you are convinced it is fine just do what i first suggested.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Hey guys, Thanks for responding. I bought the car with the supercharger on it. Its a jackson racing supercharger with a boost/retard pot in the dash. If anybody has the wire diagrame for it could you send it to me?

I also have an vtec controller in my car that i need the wire diagrame for also.

Im going to buy a new wire harness for the engine becouse I dont want to wreck the ecu. Someone is looking for one for me.

But yeah I just need a jrsc wire diagrame that hooks into the ecu and the vtec controller wire diagrame.

I have the car running and let me tell you it got me addicted to the import cars now. I will try to post pics of it soon.

How many horse will this engine put out? with jrsc and 4-2-1 header and ram air kit. engine is D16Y8.

Thanks guys for all of the help.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 AM

i also need color codes for sensors for the car. any ideas where i can get that from?

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...e-93337/page2/

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-05-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added link to post instead of bumping a closed thread.