Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I Need Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Default I Need Help!!!!

I am a newbie to the world of Honda and I have an issue with my 1989 Honda Civic 4 Door. I have the 1.5L engine in it. I just had my mechanic perform some work on the Honda. Here is what I had done:
1) Install new catalytic converter, exhaust and muffler back to original specs. (The previous owner had a gutted cat and a huge Magnaflow muffler at the end. Not only did it sound horrible but I could not pass emissions here in Dallas.)
2) New O2 sensors
3) Tune Up-New plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.
4) Passed inspection

After all of this work, the car seems to struggle during acceleration. I have to really get on the throttle to get the Honda to respond. I know that the car should be a much peppier than this. I have read all kinds of entries in the forums, but it seems that no one addresses this issue in a automatic Honda. Am I looking at a ECU or MAP sensor issue??? Any help would be appreciated....

Old 04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: I Need Help!!!!

You may want to check whether the ignition timing is set to spec. You might also have a faulty fuel pump - measure the fuel pressure.