Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

injen cai install,200 miles later cel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Default injen cai install,200 miles later cel

i was changing my air filter one day when i broke off this piece that connects this little hose to the head on the top portion of the air box. I wanted to check the filter because i was experiencing hesitation on my 02 si with 69k miles on it. when i inspected further i found a few holes in the bottom of the air box. It looked as though those holes should be there but anyway i decided to upgrade to the cai, instead of replacing both stock parts and not receive and satisfaction out of doing so. I had my eye on this injen sp series and installed it last week. I love the way it compliments my comptech exhaust which isn't too loud. unfortunately the cel went on after about a week and a couple of days. Gonna take a ride over to autozone and have them check the ecu. then i am debating on resetting it depending on what code it throws. if it is just a sensor i think i am gonn areset it to see if it goes away. any suggestions or info thanks guys. oh yeah for all the veterans.... this is my first post and i have searched lookin for someone with the same problem and didnt find. so please don't beat up the new guy.martin aka the candyman

Old 08-16-2008, 05:36 AM

little update since visit to autozone.p1166.says primary heater system electrical.possible causes....1open or short circuit condition.2 poor electrical connection.3 failed Ho2s sensor.
i am reluctant to replace the o2 sensor if that was mispelled only because of the 170 buck cost, in addition to reading about others throwing o2 codes replacing and still having the same problem. when the install was done i had to relocate the ground wire behind my fender. i was pretty sure it was tight. i am gonna check that to see if that is the bad connection. then i gonna reset the code n pray.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:00 AM

last update on this topic hopefully, i found another forum where 3 other people have had the same problem with thier o2 sensor. they all seem to have the same mileage so I am thinking that maybe i didnt screw anything up and it just happened to be coincidental that the sensor needed to b replaced. also i am being told that this sensor will actually affect my miles per gallon, and with the price on gas its not a bad idea to replace, especially since that lovely orange light will continue to stay on until i repplace it. have a nice day to everyone reading.