Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Default Intake Installation Help

I was just installing a cold air intake in my 2000 ex civic and I accidentally took a chunk of plastic off with one of the air filter tubes, and now I can't connect my stock or intake tube to that spot. The tube was connected to another tube, and a plastic connector brokeoff along with the tube when I took it off. What exactly can I do about this? I have the rest of the intake installed already but I'm afraid to start my car seeing as I don't quite know what these tubes do. Can anybody please explain what the tubes do and what I should do to fix this?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Intake Installation Help

I dont know what you broke? Pictures of them?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:41 PM

I'm charging the batteries in my digital camera right now (just put them in), so I'll have pics in 5 minutes. I broke off a part of the stock tube which is supposed to be replaced by the tubes included in the following kit and now I can't hook the stock tube nor the replacement tube up

Old 07-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya get pictures up please.... but most likely your talken about the vacume hoses... but depending on which part ya broke or cut to short...

if its a hard plastic line and it broke off at the base then youll have to buy a new plastic piece to replace it OR if it just broke half of it off and it still has about halfa inch then just buy a longer vacume hose and clamp it on. just dont tighten the clamp to tight or it could break the rest of it..

BUT again post a picture and point it out what ya broke... sure we can help ya more then!

Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Name:  civic010.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  24.8 KB

Name:  civic012.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  38.0 KB

Here are some pictures of what it was. If I do need to buy replacements, where can I get them and can I drive the civic to get there?

Old 07-13-2007, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

You could get another one off of a civic of the same year from a junk yard or maybe the stealership

Old 07-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thats not fixable.... youll have to buy a new piece....
i dont think it would cost TO MUCH from the dealership BUT ya never know....

i think its just a vacume hose......
just start the car up and listen to how it runs then put your finger over the hole to seal it and hear how the engine runs... if its runs beter with it pluged just stick some duct tape over the hole until you can get to the dealership to buy a new one.....
only way i see that truly being a problem is if its the radiator fluid... and if that hose goes into your intake then its probably just a vacume hose..... just as long as its not spraying radiator fluid youll be fine with driving it.....

just might not run as good or get as good of gas milage...

Old 07-13-2007, 03:14 PM

Ah ok, thanks guys. I'll see what I can do about heading over to the pick and pull and grabbing a replacement.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok JUST REMEMBER IF YOU PULL IT OFF THE CAR... CUT THE HOSES.......

and instead of pulling off the hoses off the used piece use a razor blade and split the hose and peel it off around the sides alot less chance of breaking it as well. cause that is just plastic...

vacume hose is preaty cheap

Old 07-14-2007, 07:15 PM

or you could get a breather filter and stick it on. If its the hose going to the valve cover then thats what you can do. Its kind of like a little air fliter that lets your valve cover breath.
Name:  PICT4006.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  41.5 KB
Apparently its supposed to help with throttle response aswell but whatever, its only like 10 bucks
NOTE** You'll have to plug the hole on your intake if you go this route**
mind you swaping the hose for a new hose is pretty easy aswell so its all up to you

hope this helps

Quick Reply: Intake Installation Help