Issues from backward battery install - HondaCivicForum.com

Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat
Reload this Page >

Issues from backward battery install

Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Issues from backward battery install

Old 02-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Default Issues from backward battery install

Helllo, everyone. Like a damn idiot, I installed the battery backwards in my 02 Civic LX 1.7L. It's been sitting for a couple years and forgot the battery orientation The 80 amp battery fuse immediately blew. I replaced the fuse and it appeared everything was good to go. The locks, windows, headlights, horn, a/c blower fan, radio, and map lights powered on, along with the priming of the fuel pump. All other fuses in the engine fuse box were tested and have continuity. I did not check the relays, since the diagrams are nowhere to be found. Once I try to start the car, it sounds like a relay clicks and power to everything is lost. It's acting as if the battery fuse has blown, but it hasn't. If the battery is disconnected and reconnected, the power comes back to everything mentioned above. Any ideas? Could it be a bad ECU or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated.