Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing honda sensing lights on dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Default Flashing honda sensing lights on dash

I recently replaced a cracked windshield with an aftermarket windshield. The place that replaced the windshield assured me all features would work as intended. However, I found that when turning on the LKAS it would never activate a the lines would never become solid. I the took the car to Honda who ran the diagnostics and advised me that the honda sensing system needed to be recalibrated. They attempted to do so, but were not able to complete the calibration because the aftermarket windshield was not holding the camera in the appropriate place. I was charged $215 for the labor of the incomplete calibration. Then I got back in my car to find that all of the honda sensing dash lights were now flashing when none of them were flashing before. The dealer told me there is no way to turn off the error lights without changing the windshield to a factory one and rerunning the calibration process. Is there a way to deactivate the honda sensing system and reset the dash lights. I figured I may as well keep this windshield until it cracks again. I just need to get rid of the annoying flashing orange lights on the dash.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:33 PM

forgot to add its a 2017 civic ext