Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

knock sensor problem!!!!help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Default knock sensor problem!!!!help please!!!

hey everyone i dont know if this question has been answered yet but oh well. OK, i have a y8 head on a z6 block and then my CEL turns on and the code reads P0305 or something like that i forgot but its the knock sensor that turned on the CEL. so i think to myself "OK the the knock sensor is bad, I'll just buy another one" So the knock sensor comes in and i remove the old one and i notice that it has like some quick seal on it or something. I tried to put on the new one but it wouldnt fit, it was too small, so i just wrapped some teflon tape around it to make it thick enough and plugged it in the block meanwhile i find out whats wrong. Check engine light turned on again after a while of driving and then i started researching and found out the the z6 engine doesnt require a knock sensor only if its accompanied with a p28. The old sensor that was on there fits good thats why i was confused with the quick seal stuff. The new sensor is just a tad bit smaller and doesnt screw in right..... any suggestions anyone without me having to change to a p28 or changing blocks??i drive a 2000 civic ex...