Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

ls turbo help plz

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:56 PM
HCF Member
Default ls turbo help plz

i have been reading through forums and heard so much random blah blah blah ****. lol gets old. everything i have heard from this site has been true thus far. so i came here to ask, what should i do in turboing my ls motor? how much boost can it hold on stock internals and still be a safe and great daily driver. if i were to build it up what should i do? is it best to keep it low compressed or throw a gsr vtec head on it? thanks.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by legal
how much boost can it hold on stock internals and still be a safe and great daily driver. if i were to build it up what should i do? is it best to keep it low compressed or throw a gsr vtec head on it? thanks.
my opinion is dont use turbocharger for daily driver. bad gas millage if it is use for daily driver. different case if you install turbocharge for race.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Snail'n Admin

Originally Posted by andry
my opinion is dont use turbocharger for daily driver. bad gas millage if it is use for daily driver. different case if you install turbocharge for race.
Ummm are you serious or just that stupid? There are countless people having boosted dailys. Seriously please dont waste the original poster's time. OP, you can boost it, and even if you want put a gsr head (id prefer a b16 head myself) on and boost it but be careful with the internals, because an ls is meant to rev as high as a vtec head

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

what he said ^. Hes got a turbo daily driver

Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by andry
actually turbocharger helps with better gas mileage

Old 08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Ummm are you serious or just that stupid? There are countless people having boosted dailys. Seriously please dont waste the original poster's time. OP, you can boost it, and even if you want put a gsr head (id prefer a b16 head myself) on and boost it but be careful with the internals, because an ls is meant to rev as high as a vtec head
<3 no homo

Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by civic_burns_all
actually turbocharger helps with better gas mileage
if and ONLY if you stay outta boost. If you don't put them bigger injectors to use by slamming on the throttle all the time, then yes, it does slightly increase it, but all that goes out the door once you hit boost

i have a boosted DD too! It is definitely frustrating without having a beater when something goes wrong, but it's VERY doable if you do it right

Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

so in boosting my ls i choose to go non vtec i hear its more reliable. what all do i need to do to keep it giong and last me a long time possibly couple years and say if i wanted to take a trip somewhere. what should be done. reliable boosted reliable and quick dd [: thanks doods

Old 09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
HCF Member

There's an turbo LS right down the street running just fine, you'll want the low compression for turbo. Just make sure you keep up with the oil changes often, and drive it like you have a brain and you should be ok. Don't forget your turbo timer....

Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

don't be lazy... get the engine built before a turbo... or you will end up getting the engine built after the turbo hahahahaha don't be cheap and lazy