Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LSVTEC HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Default LSVTEC HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

IHAD A 3000GT SL VERY HEAVY BUT HAD POWER THEN I WENT TO A 96 CIVIC 2DR EX COUPE AND I FELL IN LOVE WITH HONDA NOW I GOT RID OF THE HONDA CAUSE THEY OFFERED ME GOOD MONEY FOR IT AND I WANT A TEG SO I AM ABOUT TO BUY A 2001 MINT 48K MILE TEG WITH A GSR HEAD AND TRANNY HAS AEM FUEL RAIL, PULLEYS , STUDS AND BOLTS, FULL CAT BACK, DC HEADERS, STAGE 3 ACT 6 PUCK CLUCH,PRESSURE PLATE, THROW OUT BEARING, ACT FLYWHEEL, SHORT SHIFTER,AND RUNNING ON A GSR STOCK COMPUTER BECAUSE HE WANTS AN EXTRA6 HUNDRED FOR THE JUNE COMPUTER HE HAD I FIGURED ID GET A P28 CHIPPED LATA ON IT REVS TO 8200 NICE WITH THE ONE IT GOT. RIGHT NOW IT FEELS VERY POWERFUL AND FAST. IMMA GET IT FOR 8GRAND IS THIS A GOOD BUY? AND WAT OTHER THINGS SHOULD I DO TO IT IF I GET IT? ANOTHER QUESTION IM WORRIED ABOUT IS ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT LSVTEC DONT LAST AND ARE NOT RELIABLE IF YOU DONT CHANGE THE OIL PUMP AND FUEL PUMP. IS THIS TRUE? IM STILL A NEWBIE TO HONDAS/ACURAS SO ANY HELP IS GOOD GUYS LINKS OR RESPONSES.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: LSVTEC HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

You could keep your 96 Civic and drop in a GSR engine for around 3k if you do your own labor. Also, I wouldn't use an LS/VTEC b/c since its a non-VTEC block with a VTEC head, problems sometimes arise. You could also buy a GSR engine and get all the stuff that one has (the pulleys are pointless and six puck clutch isn't gonna do much on a stock motor). Basically, for $8000 you can get the same motor and rebuild it with better parts (assuming u do your own labor). Also, this is the OFF TOPIC section not GENERAL CIVIC OR the TECH section. Do not use all caps, no1 likes that.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

^^ this man tells it like it is

Old 01-16-2007, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: kidwitda3000gt

I had a 3000gt sl very heavy but had power then i went to a 96 civic 2dr ex coupe and i fell in love with honda now i got rid of the honda cause they offered me good money for it and i want a teg so i am about to buy a 2001 mint 48k mile teg with a gsr head and tranny has aem fuel rail, pulleys , studs and bolts, full cat back, dc headers, stage 3 act 6 puck cluch,pressure plate, throw out bearing, act flywheel, short shifter, and running on a gsr stock computer because he wants an extra 6 hundred for the june computer he had i figured id get a p28 chipped lata on it revs to 8200 nice with the one it got. right now it feels very powerful and fast. imma get it for 8 grand is this a good buy? and wat other things should i do to it if i get it? another question im worried about is alot of people are saying that lsvtec dont last and are not reliable if you dont change the oil pump and fuel pump. is this true? im still a newbie to hondas/acuras so any help is good guys links or responses.

as if by magic.....

Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

You could keep your 96 Civic and drop in a GSR engine for around 3k if you do your own labor. Also, I wouldn't use an LS/VTEC b/c since its a non-VTEC block with a VTEC head, problems sometimes arise. You could also buy a GSR engine and get all the stuff that one has (the pulleys are pointless and six puck clutch isn't gonna do much on a stock motor). Basically, for $8000 you can get the same motor and rebuild it with better parts (assuming u do your own labor). Also, this is the OFF TOPIC section not GENERAL CIVIC OR the TECH section. Do not use all caps, no1 likes that.
he stated that he sold his civic.... but i think its a good deal....you could get one better, but your not getting robed for 8k....

Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 AM
HCF Member

I thought he was going to trade the civic in. I would still stay away for an LS/VTEC engine. I've seen a couple swapped civics (with B16 and GSR) on my local craig's list page going for under 4k.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

nope, it says he "got rid of it" lol, hmmm. you cant even find a swaped civic around her...lol, were in the middle of no where as far as modded imports.