Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Misfires after new Spark Plugs & Wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Question Misfires after new Spark Plugs & Wires

Okay guys I'm stuck here.

I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX 1.5
I was driving to work and my spark plug shot out of the head which caused the hole to strip its threads and my boot exploded. So, I rethreaded the hole on the head and fixed that problem with timecerts (not sure how its spelt). Since that happened I decided it would be a good time to install new spark plugs. I installed new E3 Diamond Fire spark plugs since they had good reviews and it was the second best plug OReilly had. And since my boot exploded I installed a new Omnispark sparkplug wire set. Now ever since I installed the new Plugs and wires my civic runs great but occasionally misfires and feels like it looses power and when the power seems to be disappearing It sometimes overheats. I've come to thinking it's either my car doesn't like the E3 Diamond Fire plugs, Or my Cadillac converter needs to be replaced.Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-19-2016, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

I would try a different set of plug. NGK.

FWIW, I bought the wrong plug for my car too and notice sometime the idle lis a bit ow. I bought plugs for a 91 civic which is the year of my car. But forgot my motor is a 98 Y7 motor. Don't see any harm so am go a leave as is for now.