Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Sisters Tiburon

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member
Default My Sisters Tiburon

Yea I know it isn't a civic but I know there are a few people on here that are good at troubleshooting so I want to give it a shot.

I am trying to help work on my sister's car that just started having problems with her rear passanger tire. It is an 2003 tiburon but I do not know the trim level, I know it has the DOHC, not the V6and is not the GT. It also has rear disk breaks.

The symptoms are that it is only the rear passanger tire and it will stick, let go, stick, let go, and so on. I have tried pumping the e-break up and down and it does not help. She said that a few days ago she tried to pull the e-break up and it would not go as far as it usually does but it will again now. It is also probably around 30 degrees outside so I think the cold might have something to do with it but I am not sure. Anyone have any ideas on what I should check first?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Default RE: My Sisters Tiburon

first i'd prolly check cables to make sure their working and are adjusted properly.if not that, i'd checkthe caliper/pads. see if the sliders are moving easily and the piston isnt frozen. also check the pads themselves for wear and also the brake pad brackets. if everything seems fine, index the rotor(mark with a pen the rotor and a stud for re-installation), take it off and inspect the brake shoes. they'll look like normal drum shoes except smaller. check the shoes for wear, check adjuster and all the little parts in there.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

The symptoms would be consistent with a warped rotor.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

Well there's your problem. It's a Hyundai...