Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Default Navigation question

I am in the market for a new car. I like the new Si.

Question:
Can you play DVD movies on the navigation screen? I have seen a few reviews that say you cannot...and for legal reasons, I can understand. However, I know people always find ways around things like this. Just wodering if there were some way to hack the system so that it would allow you...or is it simply just not possible. I don't really see a need for a Nav system, but heck, if it can play movies, it would be a lot easier than bringing my laptop in the car!

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Navigation question

im not completly sure on this..iv only read about it, but i heard that you can get a certain chip installed that will let you play DVD's

Old 02-15-2006, 08:54 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Navigation question

You could by an aftermarket unit instead of getting the factory Honda nav system. The advantage of getting an aftermarket unit is that it does navigation, DVD, PS2, etc. I don't think that the aftermarket unit costs more than the Honda nav system, it might actually be cheaper. You will have to install it for find a professional to install it for you. I know that Pioneer makes a good unit, they came out with a new one that is pretty cool. I think it has an internal Hard drive for you to store songs and also has some blue tooth stuff so you can use your speakers as your cell phone.