Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an asnwer quick!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Ben
Default Need an asnwer quick!!!!

Today driving home I accidently put my car in second at the wrong rpms and speed, it almost immidately redlined and made a loud popping noise with the jolt that occured. I put it in the right gear and about a half mile down the road I took a left and hear the popping noise again, then a right and the noise again, then on bumps in the road it sounded like broking pieces rattling around, and I could feel it in the accelerator when I gave it gas and let off you could feel something wasn't right, kinda like rattling in a way. I seriously need an answer fast as seeing I have college and important things tomorrow with no other car, any info would be appreciated!!

Old 08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Default RE: Need an asnwer quick!!!!

Not good! Could have broke a valve spring, bent a valve etc. My buddy blew up his rsx-s the same way, only he went to first instead of third.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Ben

The cars under warranty, do you think this would be covered? And it drives fine except for the bumps in the road, like it doesn't drive extremely rough or anything...do you think this could still be it? I only experience the problem on bumps, and when turning, so it leads me to believe its suspension and im almost positive, the tie rods have been replaced due to them almost breaking once when the car was lowered, could the new ones have been damaged because of the lowering kit on it?

Old 08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

Hey what time do u get out of college. I dont have to be at work till 6pm so come by if u can