Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP.... HOOD WONT FULLY LATCH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP.... HOOD WONT FULLY LATCH!!!!

ya i tried that... and its open and it will manualy latch closed with a screwdriver

ill try that cable thing alittle later.... g2g help my dad work on the camper and trailer alittle more... hes gottabe gone by tuesday.LOL

Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cpl rampage

i had this problem, the latch cabel has worn out, its like a bike brake cable, and the outer sheathing has woorn down, so now there is not enough slack to let the lock engage, you will eventually have to replace it, but a quick fix is to remove the cable from the pull handle in side the car in the drivers foot well, and then try stuffing the cable into the sleeve as far as it will go, you may have to jiggle it a bit but it should give it enough slack to lock, hope this helps

you must be right man worked great!!!!!! played with the cable and latch alittle and it closed so easy......
man i woulda never thought that the freaken cable would keep it from latchen!!!!

well ill go to the dealership tomorow and see how much a new cable and lock mechanism will cost... hopefully they will be CHEAP ENOUGH... and instock...
it might not need the latch BUT i know the cars been wrecked in the front so it might need to be replaced anyways...

Old 11-26-2006, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

mine was 14 bux shiped i think, (all u need is the cable the lock is still good) i replaced mine cause behind the fender the clip that held it wore thru the sleeve and there wasnt enough slack to let it latch. when i ordered mine it came with a new pull handle and everything, instal is like 20 min, it sucks cause u have to take the fender off, and to make it even easyer u can take the bumper of, but i did it without taking the bumper off.

glad i could help

Old 12-01-2006, 07:10 PM

I've replaced my hood cable. I had to take off the front grill, left front quarter panel, left headlight, left blinker, left front tire, and cruise control box under the dash. It took half a day, but you can do it yourself.