Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Need help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Default Need help please!!!

so I have a 98 civic ex I blew my y8 up and replaced it with a y7 And am currently trying to run the p2e ecu because I don’t have money for obd1 at the moment and I can’t get it to run with it. I re used my harness and intake and it will turn on with the y8 ecu but I want to run the p2e because the y8 won’t go over 5k. But when I try to run it it won’t stay on unless I give it gas. And what I’m asking is what I should do to make the the car run with that ecu... is there anyway to make it work with the setup how I have it or will I need to run the y7 throttle body and block off the iacv and if I do have to do that will I be able to just keep the iacv on and plug where the hoses connect? I really don’t have much money at the moment and trying my best to make it work with what I get I have a y7 throttle body already and wire harness. If anyone can give me some help with what to do would be great thanks ahead of time.