Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no fire

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Default no fire

[:@] wats up thats how i feel. Had some water damage car would idle perfect then sputter at about 3000 rpm think it was dirty fuel filter fixed it now car would not start. Thought computer was bad got another (used not new) realized it may not be the problem as fuel pump would not come on with "other computer" with my original computer fuel pump runs when ignition turned on and car "rolls over" but does not start. Took distributor out opened it up everything LOOKS fine no wires burned and no moisture apparent. Are there either Crankshaft position sensor or Camshaft Sensor on this particular car (1999 LX B16) Any help is appreciated i will continue to battle it out until i hear from someone feel free to email me at "boost-freak@hotmail.com" as this is really distressing to me now car hasn't run in weeks and i miss my sweetie. THANKS.[8D]

Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: no fire

first off welcome to the forum. But just to let you know u need to put ur post in the correct spots. This are where u post is for when u purchase and then install them and test them out. This is not the area where i have no fire for my car. have u bother to check ur spark plugs could not getting a spark or the wires.easiest way to test them take the plug out and reconect to the wire have some one turn the ingition if no spark need new wires and plugs. but seeing as u pretty much done everything else this is like the only thing u havent checked.