Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

not a honda question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Default not a honda question

my fiero's fuel injector wont send gas into the throttle body....i took apart the throttle body and cleaned it all up. put it back together and it still didnt spray n e gas. my fuel pump is working and im getting pressure to the throttle body but just my injector wont spray.

some ppl say tht my distibutor has three notches that every time they hit the injector should spray. is this true? or that my ECU is messed up r something. car has been sittin and i need it to run like right now so the fastest advice i could get i would really appreciate it alot

Pontiac Fiero 2.5L 2M4

Old 01-05-2006, 11:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: not a honda question

Does your car have Throttle Body Fuel Injection, thats what im assuming it has. Check the fuel injectors to make sure that they are getting a signal from the computer to fire. For this, you will need a fuel injector noid tester (i think thats what it is called) or a scope. If the injector is getting the signal and isn't spraying fuel, either it isn't getting any fuel to spary or the injector is broken/clogged. And if the injector isn't getting a signal, then you have a potentially bigger problem. A kid in my class shorted a fuel injector on accident and blew a fuse, it gave the same problem (injector was not getting a signal to fire) and they checked a fuse, it was blown. They replaced the fuse, and it started up. If it isn't the fuse, then there is an electrical problem or the computer is not working correctly. You are gonna want to check if the computer is actually sending a signal to the inejctor, possibly from the wiring harness. If it is send the signal and the signal isn't reaching the fuel injector, there is a wiring problem. If it doesn't send a signal at all, then there might be a problem with the computer or the computer isn't recieving sufficient information to fire the injectors. Hope that helps.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: not a honda question

instead of buying a special tester just stich a small 12volt test light or lightbulb is the end of the injrctor wire. If it doesn't light up you got problems, If it does, buy a new injector.