Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Default power door locks

Hello all: I have a 2001 Civic and I'm having problems with the power door locks. It started last winter after I washed the car in cold weather and they started to act up...not working as well as normal,over time they would not work with the remote, I changed the remote batteries and still no improvement, then they would still both function with the drivers door key and now gradually its gotten so that they do not function at all other then manually....It's my wifes car and she thinks I can fix it , To make me look like a hero...any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:29 AM

I found this when searching for the solution for my problem much the same. try looking at this link
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...+Lock+Actuator

other threads come up when searching door lock actuator. Does not look to hard to change or test.

Last edited by wileec; 10-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:46 AM

I hope to get at it today, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:01 AM

I'm trying to get the inner panel of the door off, everything is going good till trying to the door handle off, let it go of the inner door skin, still trying, if anyones around...is there a screw under the rectangular tab behind the inner handle itself, can't seem to pop that piece of plastic out.
I went thru the owners manual, to find the correct operation of the power door locks, all seems to be working properly, lights flash, noise comes from the door but no movement of the lock itself, sounds like from reading this forum the acuators are bad.
I'm going out there again, will be back shortly if anyone has a tip on how to let the inner skin come off the inner door handle
thanks agin, any help is a ppreciated
Al

Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 AM

ok I got the inner skin off.....yes there are two screws under that rectangular tab..
now I try the power locks and the thing that the two plugs are plugged into "thumps" when the locks are activated but the locks do not function...any ideas??
how does one get more apart??
I dont wee the pinouts on this board for a 2001, one plug has three wires the other plug hs two, I'll try to get some readings

Old 10-03-2009, 09:10 AM

I got some readings...
3 pin plug unplugged, taking readings off of the 3 pin plug
black/yellow 11.3 v all the time
black/ white 11.3 v all the time
white/ yellow nothing
3 pin plug plugged in two pin plug unplugged
taking readings off the two pin plug
yellow black/ yellow green wires
12.3 v for approx 3 secs when door lock activated then 0 volts
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
thanks