Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear wheel toe in

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:30 PM

Well, that turned into a complete ball-ache.
Could serve as a warning to anyone replacing Honda parts with Rover parts. Basically the same parts, but some differences.

The ABS was a completely different system, so I had to swap over the original sensor and cabling and the toothed wheel behind the disc.
I then fitted the arm - looked good, wheel sitting straight - but the calper mount was a different fit to the original caliper.
Only slightly different (the holes were farther apart), but enough so it wouldn't fit.
So, it had to come off again and I removed the original calpier mount to fit it onto the new arm.
Sounds easy enough, but, the old one wouldn't come off without a fight, it was rusted solid onto the arm from behind.
It took an age of heat, WD40, drills, bolt extractors and hammers and chisels before it eventually came off.
Once the new caliper mount was fitted, it was a straightforward refit.
A job which should have taken hours ended up taking days!
But, it's sorted now, all wheels straight and the car just went through a full MOT and passed - so another year of driving ahead!

Big thanks go out to StifflersMom for all the advice and information - it was a great help. Thanks, hope I can return the favour, sometime.

Cheers.
Bush

Original caliper mount (finally) fitted to replacement arm

Old 09-17-2019, 07:04 PM
Cat Fuсker

Ugh, gotta love when a variation of a well known platform exists. Wish I could have known about the rover electrical system, but closest I know is Land Rover Good to hear you're back in business.