Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

red/green maintenience needed box

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Default red/green maintenience needed box

Should the little maintence reqiured box inside the dash next to the speedometor be red or green? Mine is red right now

Old 06-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: red/green maintenience needed box

How many miles are on the car? It should be green, red is a reminder to get your general maintence done. You can reset the light back to green by yourself if you are sure nothing is wrong with the car, and it has no need for a tune up, new timing belt, etc..

Old 06-01-2006, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

How many miles are on the car? It should be green, red is a reminder to get your general maintence done. You can reset the light back to green by yourself if you are sure nothing is wrong with the car, and it has no need for a tune up, new timing belt, etc..
Mine is kinda' orange[&:]!!!???

Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: superfestiva

haha, give it a week or two, it'll go red

Old 06-01-2006, 01:39 PM

haha, give it a week or two, it'll go red
Oh, man!!![&:]
The other day it was blinking for about 3 seconds after the engine was on...I reset it and it does not stay lid anymore...it is only when I put the key in position II and it goes right away...is this a problem?
I bought the timing belt and tensioner, 02 sensor, pcv valve, fuel filter and will do all these when the parts arrive...should this help?
I already changed oil and filter, plugs, air filter, cabin filters, have poured 3 injector cleaners since I bought it about 3 weeks ago...only thing left to do would prolly be the tranny fluid flush...

Old 06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

The other day it was blinking for about 3 seconds after the engine was on...I reset it and it does not stay lid anymore...it is only when I put the key in position II and it goes right away...is this a problem?

hhmmmmmm... mine never did that? [&:]

Old 06-01-2006, 04:31 PM

i have 65000 miles on it