Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Shop called me back, I think I'm getting screwed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: Shop called me back, I think I'm getting screwed...

ORIGINAL: mxs

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

as for the master cylinder, its always best to buy a brand new one. i dont know about the integra one, but i'd just go with one designed for ur car.
Won't fit, the bolts are at an angle.
^Right, If you wanted a tegi MC you need the get a tegi brake booster too. Then the bolts with line up.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:41 AM

Any more oppinions on this guys? Todays the day... drive it home with bent LCA or not???

Old 11-30-2007, 06:49 AM

Cheddar? Cheddar anyone? Do what you gotta do man, Baby that badboy home if you have to. I'd still recommend a towing if you can do it. :|

Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 AM

I'll be down to like... $50 in my account after I pay the shop... I get paid today, but I was off for the whole week last week, so It's not gonna be much... I might have to go 15mph all the way home...

Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 AM

Only 50 bucks? Take it from me, you need to eat. LOL -- Drive that baby home slow, just don't kill anyone and cops shouldn't give you greif. I doubt you'd do any significant damage if you drive it home with a bent LCA as long as you BABY it. 15+ Hazards = WEEEEE. I would think you'd start having problems around 30/35 if anything. If it's not far, i'd drive it, and drive it carefully considering your current cash situation. I'm in the same boat. put a down payment of 310 on a 600$ motor and now I just paid the balance and left me with 20 bucks. HOHOHO

Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM

[sm=rant.gif]

get the car home to do the work yourself or to another garage i wouldn't trust that garage from what you have said. i always ask the garage if it is ok to stay and watch them do the work to my car, i understand that some people havent got the time to do this,but i make the time as i have had bad experiences. If they say no i make the assumption that the garage is so incompetent that they do not want you to see what they get up to, and move on. I also ask for prices of things before they lay their grubby stealing mechanic hands on my car, and tell them i will only pay them for the work i have asked them to do. as once i left my car with a garage, and they replaced parts which i knew where fine without telling me, and wanted me to pay, i fought it but i had to pay in the end, hence i no longer leave my car with the garage unless i have to... such as MOT and then i stay and watch them do it then do the work myself.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

I think that you need to bail-out & look for someone that you can trust. A compression check on you or your car? Avoid that thief!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Drove the car home today, bill was $310 for engine and suspension diagnostic, power steering flush, and rear power steering pump seal replacement. Brakes felt the same as the day I took it to the shop, but the engine seemed very loud to me all the way home, the clutch felt heavy, and something just felt off (aside from the pull to the left and slight vibration which was clearly from the control arm). They told me that the white smoke coming from my exhaust was most likely moisture evaporating since the car hadn't been driven in a while, they said that the engine was fine and no breach in the head gasket. However, when I got the car home I left it on just to give it a check over, and there is definetaly still white smoke coming out of the exhaust... my girlfriend said that when I gave it gas there was no white smoke though, which baffles me (ideas?).

Anyway, I've already ordered the new control arm off of ebay ($60 shipped) and I went to certifit on Friday to get the bumper, fender, and core support... I've got a long week ahead of me... if anyone knows where I can get a guide for the core/rad support I'd really be gratefull (I don't have a hanes manual yet, and as I've said... I'm broke!)

Old 12-02-2007, 10:58 AM

theres a downloadable one on this forum somewhere, have a search for it

Old 12-02-2007, 02:52 PM

Is it cold where you are? Condensation + heat = water vapor = white fog/smoke :/ Could be VERY small head gasket leak? Burns it off so fast when you're on the pedal, it just vaporizes and you don't see it? My current civ I'm working on now had that problem, was burning oil from piston rings and leaking water from head gasket (small leak), so pedal=black smoke, idle= white smoke, wierd, eh?