Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Si 00... Problems with my car!!!!! Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Si 00... Problems with my car!!!!! Need help

I own a 2000 Civic Si
Couple of months ago My Si was stallin on me when coming to a stop, red light or down shifting to 2nd gear when you were going to park and idel would go down and car will turn OFF. Sometimes I wouldnt even know when my car had turned OFF. Even if car is turned on to warm it up before driving it would also turned off. My car only has about 55,000 miles on it.
***Dealer fix it and problem was ignitor inside distrubator was losse and Air throttle nedded and adjustment***
6 months later is doing it again and back at the honda dealer and can't find the problem this time because what they fixed last time evrything it's the same way they left things..I don't know what's wrong with it????

Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Default RE: Si 00... Problems with my car!!!!! Need help

is it stalling out like example if u still it when u have it in gear and u let off ur clutch? or is it just dying out.

(message me back, ill forget to read the thread, i can help u)

Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Si 00... Problems with my car!!!!! Need help

when you are about to take off with clutch in or just on neutral warming it up it will just die but it will start right away....It won't do it all the time and the thing is when it's going to die RPM gauge starts getting low..
***It's not my air control valve (idle control) I just replaced it witha brand NEW one from the dealer.***