Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

somebody please help me

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:49 PM
HCF Member
Exclamation somebody please help me

ok i have a 95 del sol i just did a b20 swap i had a b18 in it b4 that now my cooling fan wont turn on it turned on one time for about 3 second and then turned off and now my car is over heating what could this problem be and also i keep getting air bubbles coming out of my radiator when the cap is off

Attached Thumbnails somebody please help me-photo-27-.jpg   somebody please help me-photo-26-.jpg  
Old 09-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Continuous air bubbles points to head gasket failure.

Remove the plug from the fan switch and jump it. Turn the key to (II). The fan should come on. If not, check fuses and relays. It is does come on, replace the switch.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Recognized HCF Member

What he said. Stuff blowing out of the radiator running the engine cold with the cap off, means the head gasket is bad.
You can also jump the switch and test drive with the fan running all the time to rule out a fan issue. If there's no flow past the switch (due to a bubble of air in the engine), the fan will not come on yet the engine will overheat.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

as soon as the motor set its idle the bubbles stop and it just steams, is there a way i can check to know if its the head gasket ?

Old 09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

ok so it is the head gasket i did a co2 test and its leaking into the radiator, i just bought a new head gasket can i re use my head bolts or do i need to buy new ones ?

Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Default please somebody help me

Headbolts are recommended to be replaced each time. You might get away with reusing them but that's alot of work to take a chance on. The reason you should replace them is because when you apply the torque to the bolt it stretchs the bolt, and repeated use could cause them to break off in the block

Old 09-16-2012, 06:09 AM

^^Exactly. You can get ARP studs and be able to re-use them also.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 AM
HCF Member

ok so bad news guys i tore the whole head apart to find out that the head is not cracked or the head gasket is not blown i brought my head to a machine shop this morning to verify that my head was not cracked they did a crack test with some powered stuff and they said my head was good, so why was there co2 is my radiator it makes no seance to me i jumped all my relays and my fan works on all of them

Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 AM

Replacing the head gasket will probably cure your problem with the air in the radiator, another thing you should look at is the antifreeze resevour, some times they look like they are full but antifreeze stains the plastic. The radiator overflows into the resevour and is supposed to suck antifreeze but will suck air back into the radiator as it cools if the resevour is empty. There is no way to know if the head gasket leaks air or antifreeze unless it's leaking big time and leaving antifreeze in the cylinder on top of the piston or you get the smell of antifreeze at your exhaust pipe. When you said that you put co2 into the engine and you had air bubbles in the radiator, that is pretty good indication that your headgasket failed

Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 AM
HCF Member

ok thank you i re looked over the head gasket and there was a crack between the first cylinder and the coolant chamber like the hair on your head thick crack only on one side of the multi layer gasket.

Quick Reply: somebody please help me