Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Son blew his engine.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Son blew his engine.....

I'm gonna join the group that says, don't fix it. End of problem. Sell it for junk and keep the money yourself. He can have his next car when he can afford it.

My brother has pretty much the same problem with his daughter. From my limited experience (personal and observed)I will say, if you fix it he will wreck it again. There was no real cost with wrecking it before.

The other side of this issue is, if he is behaving irresponsibly with the car... or if you even suspect it... you could end up minus a son. He'll do stupid things no matter what. I did. But there are limits. And you have to keep them to a low level where they are under the radar to your parents. That rules out a lot of stupidity, to which all males at that age are prone.

Just my two cents.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

How DUMM can you be to BLOW your engine up.More likley he was treating his car like SHI* or he was always racing because those cars do fly fast . I own the same car and tell me about it thieves are always AFTER those cars...They are HOT...Get a JAPANESE engine import straight from japan.

Buy him a bike or something else..He don't deserve his car...He thought he was fast and the furious.
sh*t happens....

just buy a new used long block and pay 300-500 for installation....
Only retards blow up there engine
blanket statement coming out of your a$$

Old 10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: JETSPEED333

How DUMM can you be to BLOW your engine up.More likley he was treating his car like SHI* or he was always racing because those cars do fly fast . I own the same car and tell me about it thieves are always AFTER those cars...They are HOT...Get a JAPANESE engine import straight from japan.

Buy him a bike or something else..He don't deserve his car...He thought he was fast and the furious.
sh*t happens....

just buy a new used long block and pay 300-500 for installation....
Only retards blow up there engine
Because mechanical failure on a 7 year old piece of machinery with an unknown history, is completely unheard of?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Maybe it hurted your a$$ so bad because more likely the same crap happened to you 2....Just sucked up

I hope your transmission falls out of your car for no reason.

PS. you type like a 10-year-old.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:07 PM

It's certainly true that people who are not retards blow their engines. And it was 7 years old. But, if he's driving a 7 year old car with an unknown past he also has to drive it like a 7 year old car with an unknown past.

It's possible he was just unlucky, but since his Dad indicated that son and car had been trouble from day one... and because he linked the blown engine with rear-ending someone, a lot of people would be inclined to read between the lines and come to the conclusion that Dad was implying there might be some driving issues.

Even if it blew... just because it blew. And even if the rear-ending was just one of those things... ya still gotta take what life dishes out. And that would mean no car until he can either fix this one or buy his own. Sometimes it happens that way.

When my clutch went out on my first car, I certainly didn't expect Pops to pick up the tab. Maybe it was it's time. Maybe it was me. But it was mine to deal with.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Cat Fuсker

While I don't disagree with the whole "he should pay for it himself" thing, some people can't do so, need a car, and the parent can help...I do not see anything wrong with this unless it keeps happening once every three months...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: mxs

Maybe it hurted your a$$ so bad because more likely the same crap happened to you 2....Just sucked up

People are always HATTING on the Si....

1. get a spellchecker
2. Who cares about what you drive...in fact I do not believe that you even have an Si, not to mention a driver's licence...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

ORIGINAL: mxs

People are always HATTING on the Si....

1. get a spellchecker
2. Who cares about what you drive...in fact I do not believe that you even have an Si, not to mention a driver's licence...

Go and check my info i have a link to MY Space Page...You will See more pics

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Cat Fuсker

so I'll see more pictures on the internet...suuure that's good enough proof.

Actually I don't even care if you drive a Yugo. Refer to my 2nd post in this thread.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM

True, Roto. If he needs it for legitimate reasons, like driving to college, then help is certainly in order. Even under those circumstances some out of pocket cost seems warranted... .if nothingelse than to drive home that this is his car and he has a vested interest in keeping it in good shape... in listening to it so he can head of problems in advance whenever possible. (And a timing chain wouldfall underunpredictable, bad luck.) But, we're still back to, that happens to all of us sometimes. And thepiper has to be paid.

I wouldn't let my kid get a solution with no cost... simply because those solutions don't exist in the world he is going to inhabit.

Quick Reply: Son blew his engine.....