Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Where is Honda Civic 1993 - EACV, Idle Adjusting Screw and Fast Idle Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 PM
HCF Member
Default Where is Honda Civic 1993 - EACV, Idle Adjusting Screw and Fast Idle Valve?

I have the service manual for the Honda Civic 1992-1996, looked up tutorials, videos, etc, and I can not find any of the following.
- EACV
- Idle Adjusting Screw
- Fast Idle Valve

The pictures anywhere do not even look the same as what is under my bonnet.

Can someone please help me. I have spent the whole day looking for these parts, turning this screw and that, unbolting and opening things and I still can not find them.

Below is a picture of my car, if you can outline where it is, it would be greatly appreicated.

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Seriously? Another thread about this same problem? Seriously?

Your car will have none of those parts because it is not fuel injected.

You might look for manuals for JDM models, perhaps from earlier years, that have a similar carburetor system. The 1993 Civic sold in the USA and most of the world was MPFI.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
Seriously? Another thread about this same problem? Seriously?

Your car will have none of those parts because it is not fuel injected.

You might look for manuals for JDM models, perhaps from earlier years, that have a similar carburetor system. The 1993 Civic sold in the USA and most of the world was MPFI.
What do you mean?
I don't see how this problem is the-same. I am asking to locate the following parts. I have changed my O2 sesnor, now I need to stop it from idling too high. I read the service manual and it told me to clean the EACV or Idle Valve or adjust the idle adjustment screw.

Seems like I have the wrong manual. I don't understand why Honda doesnt make their cars consitent throughout the world.