Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Windshield Replacement Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Default Windshield Replacement Advice?

Hi,

Well my windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced.
I wanted some opinion with people that have already had there windshields replaced (05 civic or related).
I have the original glass on there and it says PPG. Since PPG is not around anymore should I just go with the PGW glass? Or does anyone recommend another company for this specific model? The shop i am getting it replaced from said the PPW is chinese now so I should go with some other one. Another shop i called and the guy seemed to know what he was talking about recommended I put AP Tech glass since that is what is on the newer hondas?
Anyone can help me out here? I just dont want any problems with my windshield like if i drive on the highway or any leaks or air i can hear or even any vision problems.

I would appreciated anyone's assistance and experience. I live in the Chicagoland area if anyone knows any good shops.