New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Beginning of summer, new parts?=Track. Oh, plus I guess I'm new here..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Default Beginning of summer, new parts?=Track. Oh, plus I guess I'm new here..

Hey all. I'm pretty new to these forums (been on H-T, D-series.org, H-A.net, etc.) for a while, but haven't posted here that much.I'm in Norcal and drive a 98 civic EX coupe, milano red. It's lowered on H&R custom rated race springs, Tokico Blues, Ingalls Camber kits front and rear (complete front upper a-arms, standard rear kit), DC sports tie bar, brand x short ram (W/aem sticker! oh yea), Skunk2 intake manifold, A'pexi N1 n/a muffler w/custom 3" cat-back exhaust, 2.5" airmass carb-ex headers[:@] (don't get me started), short shifter, type-r ****, type-r shift boot, Corbeau A4 seats, Corbeau double release harnesses. That's all I can think of right now. For some odd reason I haven't gotten any wheels yet. I know that my suspension will be done once I get them, but I like spending my money on making my little 14s go faster.

I've run both turbo and NOS on my motor and I like both. The only thing is that I've had my car with the right stuff at the wrong times. I got the car for Xmas a few years ago and it was auto. I lowered it first, did all my suspension, and then put a greddy turbo kit on. We did the install in a little over 10 hours, welding and tapping included. I sold the turbo kit, and put a 5 speed in myself a few months later. That was a 91 dx transmision. I just put a new s40 tranny out of a 99 ex on and it blew, so i got it warrantied, and that one is going out..luckily I still have a month on the warranty . They just sell me crappy transmissions I suppose. I was running a y7 ecu for the past 8 months and finally got a 5 speed p2p, along with a skunk2 intake manifold, 2 wire iacv, etc. My CEL has been on for the past 6 months and so has my SRS light. I finally bought a code reader and cleared them/fixed the problems yesterday and I can say it feels nice to drive with a dashboard devoid of any annoying lights. Anyway, I'm tracking it later today, but from what i've felt on the roads around here it really has some new breath, especially with the S2 IM and VTEC popping. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I hope I can contribute some good stuff to the boards, particularly in the area of engine/mechanical problems and also electrical

BoostEK

Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Beginning of summer, new parts?=Track. Oh, plus I guess I'm new here..

Welcometo the boards. Where are you in Nor Cal?

Old 06-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Beginning of summer, new parts?=Track. Oh, plus I guess I'm new here..

welcome to the forum

Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

Welcometo the boards. Where are you in Nor Cal?
I'm in Arcata as of now, but I also have houses in Santa Rosa. I'm moving to LA in a few weeks though.