New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Former Subaru fan...Soon to be Civic owner....saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Default Former Subaru fan...Soon to be Civic owner....saying hello

Hi guys,

just like the title says, I'm Quitting Subaru line up. I currently own a 2001 coupe 2.5 Subaru Impreza RS (the last coupe of Subaru) and I'm getting more interested in buying the new '06 civic Si. it has Tokyo Engine Intake, K&N filter, Borla Headers, Custom cat-back exhaust, Perrin Pulley, Nology Hotwires, Denso Iridiums, Short shift kit, Group N Tranny and engine mounts, C-west Body kit, Rota 17's wheels...I also have S-AFC II (not installed) just laying around....that is because my Stu^&* car wont have any effect if you put it in. I also had some other problems, like my Check Engine Light came on saying I had missfires...(twice it happened) and just recently, I had to bring my car to the dealer because of some rear wheel bearing problems (the thing is.... my car only has 36,000 miles). quite a few of my friends (fellow owners) seems to have similar problems...[although it could possibly because of some of the mods I put in....]

sorry for the long story...for those who are "civic veterans", can you give me inputs..(Good things and more importantly Bad things...unbiased opinion of course) of what I need to look forward into if ever I get my civic or Honda in particular...

Lastly,... dont buy, Subaru...they suck! period.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Default RE: Former Subaru fan...Soon to be Civic owner....saying hello

welcome to the forum, can't go wrong with the civic[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
HCF Member

WELCOME -0--WOW----06 with all that stuff ? -- be sure to post sum pics when u get it

Old 11-01-2005, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: AOL.COM
WELCOME -0--WOW----06 with all that stuff ? -- be sure to post sum pics when u get it
AOL.COM, you better reread his original post. He has a 2001 Coupe 2.5 Subaru Impreza RS with all of that stuff in it.

And he's looking forward to buying a 2006 Civic Si.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
HCF Member

OOPS sorry [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 PM

wheels can put excessive strain on wheel bearings, they are designed to have a certain offset. and when you change that, it will wear incorrectly. but hey what can i say, i have wheels.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum[sm=hiya.gif] my bro has a subaru imprez, no problems yet, and sopposed to be really well built cars, but im sure you will have more fun playing with the civic

Old 11-01-2005, 11:16 PM

sorry if I made some confusions there, ngoti8tor was right. I do have 01 impreza with some stuff...
I'm looking forward to get a Civic Si.

with regards to Subaru Imprezas, They are really great cars, the thing is.... i got a somewhat rare car (mine is #278 out of 1700 made throughout North America [accd to Subaru of America]...) its getting even rarer and rarer so the aftermarket parts is so few (probably more expensive). dont be thinking I got a fast car, I gained some power from the simple mods I put, but, I still loose a lot of that power down the line, so I still get lower WHP also, I got a non-turbo, so it makes it even slower...I could put turbo in it, but I rather not...my principle is, a factory NA car + Turbo = Kaboom!

for the Civic Si... at what RPM do you feel the most pull? what's the "Actual" Gas milage? could it run on 87 octanes?
I know that this varies, but, how much do you usually pay for insurance?

Thanks for the info guys...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6629/08E4A3438B4C40AFBBEEAD08A4A3DBCC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6629/05E6FD4D52514CF5876CED05090617B1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-02-2005, 01:36 AM

BTW,

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 11-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I love that model 2.5rs, I actually considered getting one before I picked up my civic, but it was too far of a drive to go and buy it. That is a hot ride you got there.

As for the Si, none of us have driven them yet, so the RPM question will be hard to answer. If I had to guess tho, I would say it would really start to pull at or around 5500, which is the point at which vtec usually kicks in. However, since this new model comes with 197hp, and a considerable amount of torque, I would guess that it would pull fairly decently even from low rpms. Keep in mind tho that these will be the first ones off the line, and sometimes that = a few piddly inconveniencing problems. But, Honda has proven itself to be one of if not THEE most reliable car maker out there for a long time, so keep that in mind.

I hope my sensless rambling helps, good luck on your decision!

Oh yeah, and welcome aboard!!