New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Got a free civic...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Default Got a free civic...

So I am from Omaha, NE and my bother lives in Cbus, OH... he has owned a 1997 since it was brand new... Well he finally got around to buying a new car and guess what.. I got the civic for free... lol Well not free I had to fly out there and drive it back here..

Lets just say that my first drive in it (from Ohio to Nebraska) was rather a pleasant one. Even with 194k that little thing just went... The speed limit most of the way was 70 so I set the cruise at about 78 and left it there... I really enjoyed the drive. I averaged about 30 mpg which is amazing to me since my DD is a Suburban.. haha

There are a few issues with it.. some rust on the driver's rear and a missing trim piece under the passenger door. Other than that it looks and runs great!

I joined here to find other civic guys or gals just in case I run into a problem... I do plan on installing a new stereo.. the old one works find.. but I have sirius and I have it in there but I would rather it be integrated.. and the other thing I want to do is new wheels and re paint it back to the original dark green...

Hope to learn all sorts of new thins about the little green monster... which my 3yo daughter says is cute... great I am driving a cute car now.. lol

here she is....

Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 AM

Welcome to the forum.