New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hell..oo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Hell..oo!

Allso Sacs,in a earlyer post you said hydro trannys.Could you please explain?I'm a little confused bout dat.You meen automatic?

Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 PM
HCF Member

sorry. no, i meant the hydraulically actuated clutch. VS. a cable actuated clutch. the hydro ones are found in 92+ civics and 94+ integras. there are kits to interchange, but its really not worth it, both systems work pretty well, just stick with whatever you have (hydro)

Old 01-08-2005, 04:11 PM

OK,I see what you was meening.Sac,was you able to find a site that sold carillo rods?I've got a few things on order now.I would post it but a few people I know have been peeping in on forum trying to get inside scoop.[:'(]And I did not know that a Honda "4 banger" could out corner a Vette.Next time I'll just bring them some tissue.Maybe they could move the finish line away from the last turn

Old 01-08-2005, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: littledog

I would post it but a few people I know have been peeping in on forum trying to get inside scoop.[:'(]
wow, shady. people trying to get in on your Kool-Aid.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

I would post it but a few people I know have been peeping in on forum trying to get inside scoop.[:'(]
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-09-2005, 04:16 PM

Yea,They got Kool but but they need aid.

Man since I've changed a few front and rear peicesYou can notice a very big diff.Nothing like I've owned.This thing moves faster as you turn.Now if I could find or make a lsd,I would be set.

Does any one hhave a line or site that sells carillo rods.I've just about got every thing I need.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 PM

Jst an idea,I did this to a few celica's and supra's that I have owned and built.On the throttle body there is a coolant passage that keeps the trottle body from freezing.Well in warmer climate areas there is no need for this.It very seldom gets below freezing here.So what I did is bypass this coolant from going into the throttle body in order to get cooler more dence air into the intake.Will this idea work on the Honda or not?I have gone through some forums and have not found (yet) anyone who has done this.This has got to be good for at least 3-6 hp.Ideas?Input?

Old 01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

yeah. whenever i put an intake on a honda, i take out that line, it is connected to a line going to the intake tube. then i replace the hardline with rubber hoses. you'll see what i mean when you look at it. it would be easy to cap the lines instead of rerouting them.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 PM

Yup, I noticed that my car has something like this on it too.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:30 PM

yeah. whenever i put an intake on a honda, i take out that line, it is connected to a line going to the intake tube. then i replace the hardline with rubber hoses. you'll see what i mean when you look at it. it would be easy to cap the lines instead of rerouting them.

So will there be any adverse effects?other than more horsees.I have dynos of a twin supra(stock)that picked up at least 8 horsees by doing this.

And does any one have any problems whith there scycros in there trannys.I think I have hurt mine in some kinda way(lolars).Wonder if I can machine out some new,stronger gear shafts.I'll have to do sumtin befor I install clutch.Any one with a line or site for tranny parts?I have to machine my own round here.No one makes parts for honda tranny here

Quick Reply: Hell..oo!