New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello from Houston!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Default Hello from Houston!

So i'm new here, i guess most have already guessed that...
and i do have some questions i'm hoping someone could help me with.

so..i drive your regular everyday 06 civic ex sedan no mods no nothing all stock but i guess we all gotta start somewhere..so i figure i gotta do with what i got, and i'll be putting on some projector lights sooner than next weekend and i'm thinking to myself..well, i can't drive around with fancy schmancy lights and have no rims.
which brings me down to my first question of probably too many to come..
i'm looking at the 18" ASA JH9 rims, nothing too exciting but they're within price range and according to tire rack the recommended tire size is 215/40-18 but whenever i'm about to checkout it tells me the tire i have selected has a higher load rating than the vehicle's Original Equipment tires and don't know if it'll be bad to get em and try for another type or if i should just go ahead and get em...

as many have probably already guessed, i'm a complete noob at this and was wondering if anyone could help me out

thanks in advance!,
markohcivic

Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Chubby Chaser

hello welcome...
18's are way to big. try to go for 16's
but if ya do go for 18's get 205/35/18
215/40 will rub.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by markohcivic

and i'll be putting on some projector lights sooner than next weekend and i'm thinking to myself..well, i can't drive around with fancy schmancy lights and have no rims.

as many have probably already guessed, i'm a complete noob at this and was wondering if anyone could help me out

thanks in advance!,
markohcivic
Lol at the "Fancy scmancy lights bahahahahahahahahahah nothing fancy bout projectors besides lower quality.

I would suggest 17" Rims at the most... 18 looks RETARDED and looks like your just too half *** to drop the car on rims that fit....

Edit: and whats your price range.... those rims your looking at look pretty ghetto to me, never heard of them at all...

I would suggest looking here...
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...ager.offset=10

although tirerack is good too

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 08-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM

thanks 94civic!

mr.nike, the only reason i sought out for those rims were because i've actually seen them on an accord, and it just so happens that the accord was parked right next to my civic so i took a step back and tried to imagine what those rims would look like on my car..lol
but thanks for the link i'm probably going to look into some other rims and keep ya'll updated!!
but are the projector lights really lower quality?? i haven't got them yet because i'm not sure if the website i'm going to get them on is legit...here's the exact link of the lights i want to get and let me know what you think of the site, it seems legit but nowadays you can't be sure..and if you don't think it is can anyone refer me to one?
http://www.tuningdirection.com/servl...dlights/Detail