New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hey everybody.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 AM
HCF Member
Default hey everybody.

Hey guys, just joined up figured i could learn a few things.

I have a 2000 cavalier coupe which i have had since i got my license.

recently picked up a 95 civic EX 4door for my brother as his daily driver. price was right @ 1000$
1.6L vtec
5 speed manual
140K miles
cloth interior
sun/sound package (i guess thats what its called- sunroof/premium sound
not a bad little car for 1K

had a few problems with it. learning to get the honda thing down now too. always been around chevy's and domestics, family is slowly switching some cars to foreign.
im not to big on hate mail so if you dont like my chevy i really dont care. hate it or love it. its made to serve the same purpose as the civic.

I am a professional detailer part time when im not in class. i go to college in south carolina. myrtle beach to be exact. so not to bad of a thing going for me now.
heres some pictures. just to throw them out there. C/C welcome.

look forward to learnin some stuff. though from what i have seen honda is pretty straightforward to do just about anything.

i would post some pics of my brothers car, but right now its a bone stock white EX right down to the hubcaps. great condition but it could use some buffing.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

Old 11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Clean cavi... wheels aren't my style, but other than that the car looks amazing. Anyway, you'll find civics are extremely easy to work on; everything's extremely straight-forward.

But anyway, welcome to the forum

Old 11-28-2008, 02:00 PM

Damn, I usually don't like body kitted cars, but that front bumper and sideskirts look great. I'm not really a fan of the back bumper but so what.

I guess how I really feel is that I don't like body kits on certain cars, Civics being one of them.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
HCF Member

thanks for the comments guys. i hope to help my brother out with his car cleaning it up a bit in the process...

so far for the exterior we have decided on something along these lines.

obviously Drag racer 3 is not the best way to think things through but i liked it and he liked it.

most likely going to be Si Blue however.
honda OEM 99 style spoiler
straight edge side skirts
lowered a little bit
16'' or 17'' wheels. most likely 16's
there is a set of acura wheels i like a lot. a few honda enthusiasts i know call them blades.

as for the kit on my car, i have mixed emotions about it.
i like it for the most part. i havent seen very many rear bumpers on cavs i liked. so i picked the limited edition kit which is a bonus.
overall including price of car i have about 9K involved. i had it painted and a few other nick nacks. the wheels were 300 bucks and the tires were free... so im happy with the outcome. i would have loved to get some different wheels, but im planning on a new car come summer

back to the civic.
im trying to get my brother to do a B18 swap. i have a couple friends with some sick a* turbo B18s and LS swaps.
also a friend with a 12 second GSR swap in a 97 civic. flat black with a big a* FMIC.
i know very little about which motors correspond to B18 other than Bseries 1.8L, GSR, and LS (integra i assume) i have no clue what motors they are. but i want to get him out of the D16 he has now.