New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey Guy's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Honestly, Intake/Header/Exhaust on a stock Honda engine isn't really worth it no matter how you spin it... but it's a good learning experience and fun to do; I feel like that's why most of us do it. It depends how much money you have. If you've got some money to spend and you're dying to spend it on your car, intake wouldn't be a bad thing to spend it on. If you want to learn about your car, small mods like that are where you should start.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-15-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

Fix your suspension, or do something else useful repair wise. Don't waste money on a CAI unless it is straight up extra money, since all the intake will do is change the look of your engine bay ever so slightly, What is wrong with your idle?

Don't paint the roof black that would be dumb, leave it just as it is body wise, unless the hood has torn up clear/paint I don't even see why you painted that.....

Car looks awesome, What kind of springs do you have and what kind of coils? Look into buying a center console. I'm looking for one for my EF currently too.

Last edited by NIKE H34D; 08-15-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM

Sorry for the super crappy paint pic but it's quick, something like that, or just color match the hood and keep it original

hatchypaint.jpg?t=1281927085

Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 PM

Hmm, i missed that you have coils and springs combined. Are you on stock shocks? I agree with NIKE H34D, fix your suspension up first.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ttop191
Sorry for the super crappy paint pic but it's quick, something like that, or just color match the hood and keep it original

If you want two tone leave the car stock, it has black trim, thats all it needs. That idea in the pic above is horrible.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Fix your suspension, or do something else useful repair wise. Don't waste money on a CAI unless it is straight up extra money, since all the intake will do is change the look of your engine bay ever so slightly, What is wrong with your idle?

Don't paint the roof black that would be dumb, leave it just as it is body wise, unless the hood has torn up clear/paint I don't even see why you painted that.....

Car looks awesome, What kind of springs do you have and what kind of coils? Look into buying a center console. I'm looking for one for my EF currently too.

They were given to me, I was told they were skunk 2? or something like that skun? hahah I just put em on breh!

Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
If you want two tone leave the car stock, it has black trim, thats all it needs. That idea in the pic above is horrible.

too each his own partner.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 AM
HCF Member

Nice car, my opinion on the paint is black i love black hatchs, i would love if mine were black

Old 08-16-2010, 05:12 AM
HCF Member
Default perfect excuse for me to interupt

I say leave the paint all origional color. but if you want to see what it is like with out permently f***ing it up go to a local sign shop and have them wrap the top (or what ever you want) in vinyl drive it around for a week and see if you like it, if you do paint it, if you dont or it really looks bad take it off no harm done and shouldn't be much money to do it.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 AM
HCF Member

Paint the car one solid color no two tone it would not look good at all, and speaking your saying there is a lot needed to be done I wouldn't go out and get header/intake/ or any bolt on's till your car is in good shape again.

Worry about your suspension first, you don't want that going out on you and then fix any other motor problems or so.

Quick Reply: Hey Guy's.