New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey new to site IN NEED Of A HONDA KNOW IT ALL PRO FOR A FRUSTRATING PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Default Hey new to site IN NEED Of A HONDA KNOW IT ALL PRO FOR A FRUSTRATING PROBLEM

I Replaced my clutch, cv shafts,brakes,shocks,and a whole new muffler,exhaust,cat and header because I ran over a big chunk of metal
that fell off the back of the truck in front of me, destroying all the above parts except the brakes and clutch. But Decided To fix it all at once. After a long *** 26 hour day of running into
problem after problem, i finally finished only to discover i cant shift in 2nd or 3rd gear because my new exhaust is touching my shifter. I checked over and over again both my old and new exhaust parts but can't see any difference between them exept that some of the mounts on the old exhaust were a little bent due
to the accident but i dont think enough to matter. could i have f*cked up re-installing my shifter? Ive Checked but dont have a diagram or instructions for the correct way. Or could it have been f*cked up some how during replacement? Any suggestions PLEASE I Cant Do anything till i fix it and im really F*UCKIN FRUSTRATED!!! AND TIRED!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Hey new to site IN NEED Of A HONDA KNOW IT ALL PRO FOR A FRUSTRATING PROBLEM

go to the parts store and get some longer exhaust hangers.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Default RE: Hey new to site IN NEED Of A HONDA KNOW IT ALL PRO FOR A FRUSTRATING PROBLEM

Thanks for the Suggestion!
but I took off the rubber hangers but how the exhaust is bent or all connected still touches. plus i cant go any lower cuz my muffler already hits my rear axel when i hit a bump. Unless i can get someone to re bend and custom cut a whole new set up which is last call decision after all else fails.
Knowing that, Any other suggestions?

Old 03-11-2007, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

under your shifer, should be directly over the exhaust and seperated by a heat shield, sometimes the shifter will rub on that shield, try removing and look to see if the shifter basehas been rubbing on it by seeing if there are any scratches on the shield. if there are, then you can either remove it, or modify it to fit without rubbing.

that could be one problem, but we really can't help without any detailed pics

Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 PM
mxs
HCF Member

it also might help if you told us what car you are talking about, and what exhaust.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

^ yeah, forgot to ask, that would help indeed