New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey from Nj, need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:11 PM
Angry Hey from Nj, need some help.

hey from new jersey,

i have a 2004 civic with 161,000ish miles. it has an oil leak from where I'm not entirely sure...like a bad owner I've neglected it for awhile and I'm deciding now i should really do something about. i was kinda avoiding it because i took it to some shop since i don't have a "regular" mechanic, and they said i had to get the engine steam cleaned but i couldn't find anywhere that did that and just kinda stopped. i haven't gotten an oil change as i don't drive it much, but occasionally i check the oil and add some it it was low on the dipstick. my questions are..
is this a problem that once its fixed should the problem not arise again?
would the cost of repairs far outweigh the value of the car? aside from this the car is fine as far as i can tell mechanically, and physically the bodywork and such is fine. since i haven't done much about it could it have led to other problems?

is there a northeast/nj subsection forum i could also cross post this at? for more visibility.
i would ideally like to get it fixed. would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

thanks

-badhondaowner - Matt