New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hey there, first car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Default Hey there, first car.

Hey there. I just bought my first car last week, a silver 2003 Civic EX sedan with only 39,000 miles. I'm mainly going to be using it as a fuel-efficient and reliable school and work commuter, but there are a few small modifications I plan on making to it just for giggles.

My ideas so far:
New iPod-ready stereo.
Tints (maybe 35%).
HID/Xenon headlights (around 10 bucks).
Fog lights.
Spoiler from the EX Special Edition.

Yay.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

I'm not sure if it's VTECH or not.. i'm sure someone who knows more than me knows if it is or not.

BUT if it is VTECH then there is a way you can tune the vtech to make it more fuel efficient...haha

and nice! the 2003 is personally my favorite model

Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by marcpasek
I'm not sure if it's VTECH or not.. i'm sure someone who knows more than me knows if it is or not.

BUT if it is VTECH then there is a way you can tune the vtech to make it more fuel efficient...haha

Yeah, it's VTEC-E and doesn't need any tuning. VTEC-E Per Wikipedia: "It is a version of SOHC VTEC, which was used to increase efficiency at low RPM. At low RPM, one of the two intake valves is only allowed to open a very small amount, increasing the fuel/air atomization in the cylinder and thus allowing a leaner mixture to be used. As the engine's speed increases, both valves are needed to supply sufficient mixture..."

Pineappleman good luck with the car. It's sure to be around for a long time if you maintain it well.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by marcpasek

Not trying to bash you or nothing marcpasek, but its V-tec not VTECH, VTECH refers to the phones and what not.

OP, Im not sure if you can find HID/Xenon headlights for 10 dollars. Maybe just the bulbs cost that but you would need an HID conversion...

Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 AM

My bad. I guess I got confused because my friend told me I could just get Xenon bulbs for around 10 bucks and pop them in. Maybe he was thinking of some other white light bulb?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:54 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by burnindesirez02
Not trying to bash you or nothing marcpasek, but its V-tec not VTECH, VTECH refers to the phones and what not.

OP, Im not sure if you can find HID/Xenon headlights for 10 dollars. Maybe just the bulbs cost that but you would need an HID conversion...

Hey man no worries. We all learn right? Thanks