New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hey..was wondering if i could get some needed assistance

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Default hey..was wondering if i could get some needed assistance

sup everyone,
i have a 02 honda civic coupe (EM2)..i bought some Tein S-Tech lowering springs for my car, but have no installed them yet due to some issues with my dad. he won't let me put them on b/c he thinks it will do more harm than good to my car!!! alright heres the deal, he thinks that if i put the springs on, the body of the car now would be so close to the tires that if i were to go over a dip or a bump that the tires would come up and hit the body, thus in the long run cause problems. i counter that by saying i don't think that would be much of a problem, but he thinks otherwise.

i have on 17" Velox Scythe Gunmental rims, with some Kumho Ecsta ASX tires with specs: 215-45-17

so my question i ask all ya'll who have fixed up Honda civics, is that will installing the Tein S-tech springs cause my tires to slam against the car body if i were to go over a dip or a speedbump unexpectedly?? or will the suspension and shock allow clearance of the dip/speedbump without any problems.

1 more thing say i do install the springs...how fast would my tires wear out even after i get them realigned???

any imput/suggestions/personal experience would be greatly appreciated! THANKS

Old 10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: hey..was wondering if i could get some needed assistance

I think with your tire size, as long as the lower was not more than 2" you'd be fine. Theres at least one or two people around here with S-Techs, so i'm sure they will be by soon.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

you shouldent have a problem ..i have s-techs on my car and it only lowers it about 1.6 or so all around..there are a couple other people who have them on here and they havent had a problem eather, when u install them you should get it realigned, so you should havent have a problem with tires wearing out

Old 10-09-2005, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

itll be fine. it will hit on really hard bumps, but not often enough to really cause any damage. if it hits hard enough to actually hurt anything, it would have done it on the stock springs too. the aftermarket ones are stiffer too, so really, that makes up for some of the difference in height.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 AM

thanks for the imput! its helping me out a lot! had a few more minor Q's, hopefully you guys can help me out with:

1)how much do your tires wear out w/ the s-tech springs??

2)have any of you guys had any problems with your shocks from lowering your em2's?

3)is a camber kit necessary for my situation?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: aznxboi19

thanks for the imput! its helping me out a lot! had a few more minor Q's, hopefully you guys can help me out with:
1)Shouldn't wear out any faster than normal, maybe very slightly

2)I'll leave this one to someone who has already done this

3)If they lower 2" or less, i would say that its not completely necessary, but recommended.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 AM
HCF Member

what springs are those? do you have a link where i can take a look at them. i was wanting to lower about inch and a half for a small price and with little wear. would these be right for me? maybe this was answered but will my shocks wear out faster with lower springs?

Old 10-11-2005, 11:26 PM

the springs i bought and have not put on are Tein S-Tech springs. drop is said to be around 1'6" preetty sure you can find more on it if you gon the Tein website or do what i did, go on ebay and shop around

Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

you meant 1.6" right? lol ok well thanks for your help. that drop sounds about perfect for me. i will take a look.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
HCF Member

if thats to what i said...ya its around 1.6 inchs all around, on the paper when you buy them they say somthing like 1.9" in the front and 1.7" in the back, but its not that low..and i still got stock wheels on