New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hi all

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Default hi all

this site is very cool it has a ton of great info. Well here's my story. I'm a 19 year old who used to drive a 97 sunfire convertable. While every 7 year old kid everywhere thought I had the coolest car ever I knew it sucked. But I kind of fixed the suckage when a 120 pound deer decided to commit suicide. Well the sunflower is totaled and I'm looking for a car. well I'm 19 I still live at home and I was fired after a week from the last job I could have had during the summer before school starts, and I wasn't planning on buying a new car. So Mom and Dad really dont much choice other than to buy me a car. So first we looked at some cadillac's found some that were priced right but nothing panned out. Then I found a 98 Saab 900, well it didn't work out either. But now they have decided that a civic is the best option and I love the idea. So tonight were going to look at an '01 LX. and I'm set that I will be driving a civic come this fall so if I cant get the 01 I've got a few more options. There's also a 98 hatch back and a few other civic's around here in my price range. So yeah I'm not a civic driver yet but I will be and I want to lean as much as I can. I've got some questions though...

1. I've looked through all of the posts about turbo's but I guess I want to understand it better. I have a grenal knowledge of how it works but I guess I'm looking for the turbo bible. IDK if there's a turbo charger 101 on these boards and I just missed them but I wanna learn. Like what mods do I need to make before I boost it? Why a blow off valve is a good Idea? I'm really new to tuning my own car, so something like that would be awesome.

2. I want to (eventally) put a computer and a touch screen in my car. I'm thinking about using the center console as a housing for the computer. and I plan on fabricating a place for the screen on my dash where the sterio would usually go, I'll probably fiberglass it. I can do all of this for under $500. I have a computer that needs a harddrive, easy fix. So my only problems now are I have no idea how to power the stuff once its in my car, and I want to use the computer as my sterio. How do I run speaker wire from my computer to my speakers? I've built a few computers so placing it in the car should be the easy part. I just need to wire it. any ideas?

Hey thanks alot i know this is a massive post but I'm totally new to civics and I want to learn as much as I can. I've found a ton of great info on these boards already. thanks.

-shep

Old 07-31-2006, 01:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: hi all

Welcome to HCF! WOW, now that's a heck of a first post! You would do much better getting help with your questions if you would post each question in the appropriate forum and try to keep it as short and to the point as possible. You'll get a lot better focus on your topic that way. Try the NOS, Supercharger and Turbo Forum and Audio Visual Electronics Forum for more help. Good luck finding a Civic. I'm sure something will come along that works out for you. [sm=smiley20.gif]