New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

HONDA/ACURA SERVICE ADVISOR HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Default HONDA/ACURA SERVICE ADVISOR HERE

HI, MY NAME IS KEN ,[8D]I AM A HONDA FAN IN GENERAL AND HAVE SOLD PARTS,NEW/PRE-OWNED HONDA/ACURA AND BEEN AN ADVISOR FOR BOTH FOR ABOUT 4 1/2 YEARS. I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD CONNECTIONS AND ENJOY ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO THE CAR BUSINESS FROM "AM I GETTING A GOOD DEAL?" TO "WHAT DOES THIS DTC CODE STAND FOR?" HIT ME UP FOR ANY QUESTIONS AND I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU. I ALSO OWN A 1990 CIVIC 4 DOOR DX I'M GONNA SELL SOON. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE NEEDS ME.
THANKS,

KEN HAMES

Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Default RE: HONDA/ACURA SERVICE ADVISOR HERE

Why does honda, ford etc recommend 5W20 motor oil. I can understand 5 weight at the start up buy 20 weight at operating temperature, one would certainly assume that a 5W30 or even better a 0W30 would be much better.

Stephen

Old 11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hondacivic06

Why does honda, ford etc recommend 5W20 motor oil. I can understand 5 weight at the start up buy 20 weight at operating temperature, one would certainly assume that a 5W30 or even better a 0W30 would be much better.

Stephen

well my 02 civic recommonds 5W30

Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 AM

I'm new to all of this but I thought I would take a shot and see if someone can help me. Bought an 02 civic lx with automatic 4 speed tranny less than one year ago. Love the car. Just last week after a short commute home from work I parked the car. Got up the next morning to go to work and I have no transmission. None! I can feel the shift to park and neutral but nothing else. The engine just revs and not one iota of the tranny even trying to grab. How could this be? The night before the thing was runnig great! No slipping, hard shifting, nothing to indicate any kind of problem. What is going on here? Is my tranny shot?

After checking the fluid - clean and full - now I get this high sort of whine that sounds like it's coming from inside the tranny. In fact I'm sure that it is. Can anyone give me some advice here? I'd sure appreciate it.

Also. I'm not getting any dtc code or codes.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hondacivic06

Stephen
isnt it 5 winter 20 summer. whats with the weight you were saying?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: thecloser11974

HI, MY NAME IS KEN ,[8D]I AM A HONDA FAN IN GENERAL AND HAVE SOLD PARTS,NEW/PRE-OWNED HONDA/ACURA AND BEEN AN ADVISOR FOR BOTH FOR ABOUT 4 1/2 YEARS. I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD CONNECTIONS AND ENJOY ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO THE CAR BUSINESS FROM "AM I GETTING A GOOD DEAL?" TO "WHAT DOES THIS DTC CODE STAND FOR?" HIT ME UP FOR ANY QUESTIONS AND I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU. I ALSO OWN A 1990 CIVIC 4 DOOR DX I'M GONNA SELL SOON. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE NEEDS ME.
THANKS,

KEN HAMES
Maybe when you sell your car you can buy a new caps lock key... Sorry couldn't resist. [sm=joke.gif]

Old 11-22-2006, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rukusix

ORIGINAL: thecloser11974

THANKS,

KEN HAMES
Maybe when you sell your car you can buy a new caps lock key... Sorry couldn't resist. [sm=joke.gif]
hahahaha