New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Honda n00b - I can't believe I drive a Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda n00b - I can't believe I drive a Civic!

1) anti-lockout "feature" - Is there any way around this? The keyless remote appears not to work when the car is running, which defeats the main reason I scrounged up a remote in the first place (I want to leave the car running and lock it with the remote when I go inside someplace for a quick stop). I assume this is by design? I wouldn't mind if I could lock the driver's side door manually but that doesn't work either. Seems Honda thought they should make it nearly impossible to lock the key in the car, which is understandable, but they did it a little TOO well it seems.

I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!

Of course the safety feature is a bogus... but here is what you can do. You are going to need an extra key though []. All you do whilst the car is running, as you are going to close the driver door, just hold the handle up, push the lock down, and close the door, then let go of the handle once you shut the door. But your are going to need a manual key to get back in. I hope that helps.

And yes, this is the anti rice forum here. Welcome! I think you might find the engine section very very useful and helpful to you. In case you didnt know, you got the V-tec going on!

One more thing. If you look around here youll find out some really cool stuff about your car.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 PM

Hey man, welcome. I have dealt with all of these problems before so...

1. I haven't found a way to bypass the Anti-lock feature, but I have tried to lock the doors with the car running. I'm sure its possible if you rerouted some wires, but I haven't had the time to look into it.

2. I'm pretty sure you have to take off the front bumper to replace that headlight, but you may be able to get it from under the car.

3. The automatic transmission may bug you(I had a Automatic tranny on my d16 before I swapped to the B16), but unless you plan on modding the car to the point where it wouldn't be a good daily driver, you might as well keep the automatic tranny. It's only going to run so fast anyway, the automatic transmission should be okay.

4. Everyone explained the Carbon Fiber Hoods, and they're only for weight reduction. Kind of a waste of money for not a whole lot of performance if you ask me.

Good luck with all of that, and if you figure any of it out, let me know.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:16 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

and good luck with any modding you decide on!

Old 08-05-2005, 10:46 PM

I didnt real all the long @ss posts so this may be a repeat but you can kinda hold the door handle open halfway and lock the door as you get out. Seems like a pain but it will become habbit and then instinct and then you will stop after you lock your keys in your car till you get lazy again. Its a viscious circle.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Auto98EX

1) anti-lockout "feature" - Is there any way around this? The keyless remote appears not to work when the car is running, which defeats the main reason I scrounged up a remote in the first place (I want to leave the car running and lock it with the remote when I go inside someplace for a quick stop). I assume this is by design? I wouldn't mind if I could lock the driver's side door manually but that doesn't work either. Seems Honda thought they should make it nearly impossible to lock the key in the car, which is understandable, but they did it a little TOO well it seems.
pull the door handle while you push down the lock to lock the door manually.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:50 PM

Carbon fibres are the stiffest and strongest reinforcing fibres for polymer composites, the most used after glass fibres.
Made of pure carbon in form of graphite, they have low density and a negative coefficient of longitudinal thermal expansion.
Carbon fibres are very expensive and can give galvanic corrosion in contact with metals.
They are generally used together with epoxy, where high strength and stiffness are required, i.e. race cars, automotive and space applications, sport equipment.
Carbon fibres are produced by the PAN or the pitch methods.
The PAN method separates a chain of carbon atoms from polyacrylnitrile (PAN) through heating and oxidation.
Pitch method pulls out graphite threads through a nozzle from hot fluid pitch.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:12 AM

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-09-2005, 03:08 PM

wlecome to HCF!