New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I like my Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Default I like my Civic!

Hi! I'm new here, I joined yesterday with a query about a problem I'm having with my 1997 Civic LX. The people here have been so helpful! So I thought I'd share a little about my car. I bought it used about 2 years ago from a young friend of my son's. Needless to say, it is a "young" person's car in the way they had added stuff to it - a really fine sound system, some kind of air cooling system under the hood (air blows thru this big pipe-looking thing when you're breezing down the road, but makes it kinda hard to check the ATF), and some really big rims w/low profile tires. I was in dire straits and needed a vehicle & the price was right. There's about 145,000 miles on her. It originally came from Connecticut. But no maintenance records to speak of came with the car. There is some body damage from some logs falling off a truck onto the right front side (or so, that's what they told me!) but I can live with that for a while. Just need to replace the light. The headlight works, but the turning signal does not. I really like this car. It is the first Honda I have owned. My very 1st car was a used Datsun I bought from a friend in 1974. It was a beautiful black 4-door sedan, I think a 510. And it was manual transmission, which I love.
I hope to purchase another Honda (used) that will get me up a little higher off the ground. (I also used to have a 1985 GMC Sierra - I like the visibility of being higher off the ground). But I will not use my Civic in a trade. Most likely will pass it along to one of my sons.