New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I need help with my Injen Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM
HCF Member
Default I need help with my Injen Intake!

I own a 04 Civic LX and i bought an Injen short ram intake and it works great... until it rains... It has been 4 months driving in portland and everytime it rains (almost everyday) I am forced to hit puddles and stuff... thats when my car begins to bog down and shake... the car place I bought it from says it is nothing.. but until i bought the thing, nothing was wrong with it! Does anyone know a reason why this is happening?! And how can I fix it? PLEASE HELP MY CAR!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: I need help with my Injen Intake!

dude it might be sucking up water you need one of those bypass filters i think thats what you call them

Old 04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Stinky Administrator

oh well i just saw that its a short ram you might be puddling up water into it

Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM
HCF Member

Hey bud, thanks for the advice! Do you know where I can get one? Is getting one online a good idea or would it be smarter to buy one from an actual shop? ... I am just starting to learn how my civic can be faster and I have plenty of money to do it... If anyone knows any accessories for a 4dr 2004 civic please let me know!

Old 04-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Stinky Administrator

hey man is it a short ram or a real cold air is the filter in the motor compatment or does it draw air thou the inner fender if its a cold air it could be drawing water up but if its a short ram it might be getting a little water in it i have a short ram for my 93 coupe i havint had any problems with it in the rain if you have a short ram you cant use a by pass filter

[IMG]local://upfiles/8815/17A3980F08464CF095ED576EB889AF6D.jpg[/IMG] <<<<<short ram

Old 04-07-2006, 04:38 PM

try putting the stock intake back on, and see if the problem is fixed, because it could be caused by something else

Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Stinky Administrator

here is a bypass filter it keeps you from sucking up water in a cold air kit found this one on jc whitney hope this helps

[IMG]local://upfiles/8815/C01D839175234302AD2C64A6DDB3F685.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2006, 12:59 AM
HCF Member

The problem i got now is that my original intake isn't where I am now and I wont be back home for a while... Yeah, I have talked to people with no problems at all, but I just need to know if anyone ever has had this kind of problem... do you think I should just buy a cold air kit and put a bypass valve on it? All I want to do is not have it shake anymore and it only does it when I ride in the freeway grooves for at least 1 or 2 minutes... heavy rain is fine until I actually drive on the puddles... Some jerk said it is me just hydroplane-ing but I have been driving for a while now and I know what that feels like... This is definetly an engine thing caused by my intake... what do you think, purp?

Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Stinky Administrator

i do agree with ef4life you should try your stock intake did the problem start when you put the aftermarket intake on

Old 04-08-2006, 01:14 AM

Your Filter gettings Drenched Thats a lot of water If its a shorty HOLY ****....I had the same problem with my cai But not when I shortend It . Injen CAI Say right on the Intake, Do not use in Rain! and Im in Cali. Do you have an Aftermarket Exhaust?

Quick Reply: I need help with my Injen Intake!