New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My car is Smokin'...no, seriously it smokes a lot, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Default My car is Smokin'...no, seriously it smokes a lot, HELP!

Hey I just joined. And was wondering if someone couldgive me some advice about my car. The other day i changed the oil and since then it has been smoking non-stop. I didn't spill oil on the manifold or anything. It is starting to frustrate me. '94 Honda Civic which I have done oil changes on before. Was looking to modifiy too, no worried this could modify my wallet for a lot more.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Default RE: My car is Smokin'...no, seriously it smokes a lot, HELP!

Welcome to the forum!!!

even though you didn't spill any on the manifold could you have spilled some on the parts of the exhaust piping? or did it leak down when you took the filter off? have you checked to try to see exactly where the smoke is coming from? Odds are some leaked and it just needs to burn off.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:19 AM

Hey Chimera02EX thanks for the info. I went out to check my car again, and realized that the smoke is coming through the exhaust system. I am hoping this isn't serious, seriously!

Old 11-13-2005, 09:31 AM

it proabably is oil that fell on the manifold. also, check to make sure you don't have two o-rings on the filter. sometime the old one doesn't come off with the old filter and you'll end up with two on there. that will cause oil to leak and burn. next try the PCV valve. seriously, this valve is the cause of well over half the oil burning civics i have run into. good luck.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 AM

the smoke is coming through the exhaust system.
Could you be more specific? Like is it coming out from before the cat, after the cat, the header?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:31 AM

Hey sorry for not replying sooner. The smoke is actually coming out of the system before the cat system. I noticed that there was a hole there. Plus the radiator had a small leak, so i think some of the coolant mighht have seaped into the engine causing a blown gasket or ring corrosion.

Does anyone, or you, know how much it would cost to repair this? Could this be done by me?

I have read on some sites that have a liquid that could repair things like this.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: NR1236
Plus the radiator had a small leak, so i think some of the coolant mighht have seaped into the engine causing a blown gasket or ring corrosion.
Sounds like the best time to consider an engine swap.

If coolant has gotten into your engine, it doesn't just affect your rings. Coolant will eat away at your bearings, and the cost to remove and replace all the internal stuff might as well be spent on a good engine swap.