New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

my ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Default my ride

Hey everyone. I'm about an hour old to this site. So far loving it. Lots of useful info. Anyways this is my civic. Hope you guys like it. 2006 LX Nighthawk Black Pearl. So far I got the rims 18's, 1800w audio system, Fujita F5 cold air intake, axel back exhaust ( cat back wasnt out for my car when i bought the axel back), tinted windows, dark green ground effects. I took off the gold strip the you can see on the pic. Once i get back from afghanistan, I'm going to aquire cat back exhaust, trenz body kit, headers, spark plugs, anzo halo lights, carbon fiber hood, spoiler , high flow catalytic converter and better electric fans, and back tail lights-blacked out 65%. I'd appreciate suggestions on anything. Also where will I be able to find a turbo kit for my civic?

[IMG]local://upfiles/19601/02D46817FA454A0DB8C7B0F973CC1B7A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2007, 07:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my ride

it's called a "cat" back exhaust, and i don't think you should get a body kit, especially on such a new model car. just get a nice lip kit and get it painted to match, and as for the spark plugs, why would you need spark plugs, do you not have any now? lol, you only change them if you're changing to a different heat range (which is used when you turbo a na car). as for the turbo kit, they don't make a kit for you 06 model yet, at least i haven't seen one, but you can probably piece together a kit, but like everyone else that asks that same question, you need to do some major research before you take on that task. good luck and welcome to the forum though.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM

lol i was thinking of cadillacs when i wrote cad back. as for the sparks plugs, I meant to say that if I were to find a turbo kit for my model civic there fore get the spark plugs. I'm a newb at english and car tuning but I did know you upgrade spark plugs after a signifigant hp increase. Thxs for the body kit suggestion tho. will consider.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

plus the body kit money you would have spent, could be redirected to suspension and engine mods such as the turbo you want. and for the spark plugs, you don't have to replace them if you have a significant hp increase, only for turbocharged and forced-induction applications, as far as civics go that is.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM

do you have a website where i can find a good assortment of full lip kits for my civic? I only seem to find stragglers which cost as much as a body kit lol.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

i haven't looked and i don't know if they have an assortment of aftermarket ones, but i do like the factory front spoiler, if you can find a deal on one that would be nice.

Here's a website i've ordered from and they are very helpful and have fair prices for brand new oem honda parts. here's a link for a 2007 honda civic 4dr lx front under spoiler. you can order the spoiler in your factory color already painted from factory, and also order the accessories and parts used to attach it to the front bumper:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...+UNDER+SPOILER

Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
HCF Member

for the rest of your future mod list: http://www.procivic.com/pages-pro_se...ult/index.html

Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM

Thxs

Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 PM

yea i say go with a lip kit also i have one on my car and i love it. i was also looking at a brand new civic si and was saw that honda has a lip kit you can get on them. but since your car is brand new i wouldnt put a turbo on it yet just because it would void the warranty. welcome to the site.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 PM

so pretty much engine wise, its only wise to go with installing IHE . Thxs on the advice & the welcome. Ill wait on the turbo. I also saw the lips you guys were talking about. Makes the civic look nice. I might go with that. 1 question, is the hood of a 2 door the same on a 4 door, pretty much saying if a 2 door hood will fit on a 4 door hood.

Quick Reply: my ride