New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Default need help

hey whats up people. i jus bought my first honda. its a 90 civic si 1.6 d16. i got the car for 500 so couldnt go wrong wit it. i am still and high school and tired of other ppl who make there hondas LOOK nicer but still run stock and they think its the fastest thing ever. i am looking for some help of where to find some performance parts cheap cus like i said im in high school and work at hardees. not exactly cheap but best deals. turbos, intake, manifolds all that. i also need a front bumper, hood and rear seat cus it wasnt on car when i bought it. people pls help me out.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need help

Welcome to the forum but there is no cheap way to increase the performance in yoru car. Turbos run about 600 dollars (more than your car) and if you add all the stuff you want in your car it would add up to nearly 3 thousand if not more. Imo not worth spending a lot of money on a 500 dollar car unless u bought it as a project car to invest a lot of money and turn it into a performance car, but from what I'm reading you dont have a lot to invest. Ride it till the wheels fall off

Old 04-20-2008, 08:37 PM
HCF Member

Oh boy,
Before tackling a turbo project please please please do your research
And by that, I do not mean, just read through the forum
Do your research outside of here, like get a book, search and compare product, learn about how the turbo works, not just that somehow a turbo will make your car go faster.
Working at hardees, it sounds like you've got quite a while before you are going to be getting into anything like a turbo, so take that time to reseach research research!!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:10 AM

i alrdy have a turbo. its a aireasearch m-27. and my father owns his own garage so im alrite wit that. i want to make this into a fast car and i got money for it jus dont know where to find ne thing. where can i find parts?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 AM

i alrdy have a turbo. its a aireasearch m-27. and my father owns his own garage so im alrite wit that. i want to make this into a fast car and i got money for it jus dont know where to find ne thing. where can i find parts? what kind of books do u recomend?