New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New around here with civic issues

Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default New around here with civic issues

hi everyone, i hope you can bring me good news.

i have a 96 civic ex auto. it has 157xxx i bought from orgional owner for 2k in great great shape. recently first gear acts up and seems to kinda slip almost. i do baby the car cause i need it to last throughout college. the fluid is clean, but the jerk or stumble it does is alittle un nerving. any help would be great. thanks -danny

Old 11-07-2006, 10:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New around here with civic issues

my 98 coupe does that every great once in a while, usually in second or third if im going "too slow" for that gear, i read my service manual (you should get one, even if your good with mechanics, its a good reference for basically everything, and its only like$20) and ive come to the possable conclusion that it could be the slave cylender....also, i think it could be the fluid is just getting old, im not sure when the fluids were flushed, but since it was my moms car untill recently, i can make a safe guess as to NEVER.