New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to board, need some help on engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Default new to board, need some help on engine problems

hey wassup guys, im located in brooklyn ny and i got a 1993 honda civic LX, the car is in great shape but has some minor problems. My car shakes whenever i turn on the ac for some reason, the shaking get to point where it scares me sometimes. Im not sure where the problem occured but any help is appreciated. Another problem i have is the steering wheel seems very stiff, i tried putting in power steering fluid but it didnt work. One last problem i have is the left front window doesnt seem to open, the rest of the windows does.

ANy help is appreciated, im a noob on cars and i would bring it to a garage (and get raped charges) if that is my last option
Thanks.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Default RE: new to board, need some help on engine problems

welcome to the forum. hmm. sounds like you need a new car, perhaps a chevy cavalier? that is a popular car on this site.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: kewlphil
the steering wheel seems very stiff, i tried putting in power steering fluid but it didnt work
Can you elaborate on that a little? Like, was it already full, or after you added some fluid, the steering was still stiff?

Old 06-29-2005, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: ngoti8tor

ORIGINAL: kewlphil
the steering wheel seems very stiff, i tried putting in power steering fluid but it didnt work
Can you elaborate on that a little? Like, was it already full, or after you added some fluid, the steering was still stiff?

the fluid was near full but i added a bit into it anyway but it didnt help

Old 06-29-2005, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

If your car shakes under load violently it could be that you need some more motor mounts, or it could be a number of things like bad plugs, or belts too tight etc. How does it run with the AC off? Does it shake less or not at all. Left front window may need another regulator, or it could be a bad switch. You might just have to pay $30 somewhere and have them check out all your issues. It's difficult to tell what's wrong without seeing or hearing the car.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:05 AM

yeah it only shakes when i open the ac, i guess ill just check it out at the mechanic

ORIGINAL: jake11375

If your car shakes under load violently it could be that you need some more motor mounts, or it could be a number of things like bad plugs, or belts too tight etc. How does it run with the AC off? Does it shake less or not at all. Left front window may need another regulator, or it could be a bad switch. You might just have to pay $30 somewhere and have them check out all your issues. It's difficult to tell what's wrong without seeing or hearing the car.