New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic Owner in Dallas

Old 08-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Talking New Civic Owner in Dallas

Hi, everyone, I was just cruising around the net and found this community, and it looks like a great place to be.

So, let me tell you a bit about myself.

Two days ago I bought myself a 2007 Honda Civic LX and I am really excited about it. Just a little background...
I have owned 3 cars, a 280ZX, and two BMWs. This time when buying a car I decided to get something newer, with a warranty, and I also have seen many many Civics and/or other Hondas rolling around well into the hundreds of thousands of miles, and decided to give a Civic a try. It also helped that I really enjoy how late model Civics look, even in stock form. Every car I have owned I have become very involved with the community surrounding that particular car, so I am very pleased I found this place.

I can type out a lot, and I'll try to keep this first post short, however, if you're a TL;DR kind of person, might as well just stop here.

So, to continue, I am quite excited about my new Civic, and I hope noone minds, but I would like to tell everyone about it.

I went into my car search with the intention of buying a Civic, or perhaps an Accord, because those look nice as well. Spent a few days searching all the Honda dealerships around me, because I wanted a Pre Owned Certified, for my own piece of mind. My only requirement was 5-speed transmission and low miles/good shape. For some reason 5-speed Civics are a little bit rare, either people don't let go of them, or people don't like them. I don't know why, 5-speed is the way to go IMHO. Anyhow, after a couple days of searching, I narrowed it down to two options. A white 2008 5-speed civic 2 door, with a tan interior (eww), and a bright red 2007 5-speed 2 door, with a black interior (yay). So, I bought the red one outright. I must say, after driving it for the two days I have had it, I absolutely love it. Just sitting down in it feels like I am actually IN it, not sitting above it, like some cars. Not sure if anyone can relate to that statement, but I'm willing to bet some do. The black interior is absolutely immaculate, the only marks on it are a little dent in the passenger door where a cup holder or something sat for a long time, and the shift **** is slightly weathered, otherwise it's beautiful. It's bright red, not really a color I would usually choose, would have preferred black or white, but this red has like every single option from what I can tell. And the black interior, I absolutely love the black interior. This thing even has the awesome rubber like trunk liner thing that says Civic real big on it, that was amazing to me.
It also has the Honda pinstripes on it, with the little Honda logo which is just fun to me. The exterior paint is in very good shape, the only things I have seen is a small chip under the drivers side door handle and another small chip under the passenger door handle. I REALLY like the speedo, fuel, and temp gauge, just the placement as well as the way it looks, it's just neat. I'm still having a slight problem with where the clutch lets out, stalled it two times today . I have always driven manual transmission cars, but I chalk my difficulty with this one up to the fact that I have also driven cars with a huge inline six and rear wheel drive, lots of torque helps learning a new clutches intricacies immensely.

Anyway, I apologize for going on and on, hopefully ya'll can tell how excited I am. This is a totally new world to me, and I am excited to be a part of it. I hope to be a frequent contributor here, I like to be involved, and a community of peoples excited about the same thing as me is awesome.

I don't have the money right now to mod anything up, but, in the future, that option is always something I will be interested in. So, I will be keeping my eyes open for cool stuff in that direction as well.

I am an ASE certified automotive technician, but I don't do it as a profession, it's more of a "hobby" I guess, I went to school for it, did it as a job for a while, then decided I didn't enjoy fixing other peoples cars. It just hurt me to see the way some people treat their vehicles. So, I just have the skill now, and use it for myself and my friends.

If anyone is interested, I will be getting some pictures of it tomorrow and will be happy to post them up. Noone may care because it's just a regular stock Civic, but I am excited, and I'll throw some pictures up, because I am proud of it, and want to show it off somewhere, even if it is just a regular Civic.

Hope someone took the time to read my post. Sorry it was so long, I'm just excited about it.

So, to wrap it up, I am very happy to be here, and see what this community has to offer.

Like I said, I'll throw some pics up tomorrow.

Hi Everyone!

Oh, it also has an aftermarket GPS. It's an old Pioneer AVIC D3. I had some problems with it at first due to not having the nav discs, but after a day on the AVIC forums, I have resolved that issue and decided I really like this GPS/head unit. From what I read, it is one of the most sought after Pioneer GPS, and I really like it.

Last edited by Scerwup; 08-01-2009 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Forgot about the stereo
Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Chubby Chaser

ill be the first to say welcome and yea post some pics even though its stock we still like to see it. alot of us prefer stock more than rice.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:29 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the new Civic, must be a great feeling! The fact that you are ASE certified means you might actually be able to help us. It's normally us helping the new forum members, not used to the other way around. Lets see some pics of your new baby!

Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 AM

Holy wall of text!

jk, welcome to HCF!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:18 AM

Welcome to HCF and congrats on the new car! I have the Pioneer AVIC F7000bt in my Civic and love it.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:13 AM
HCF Member

Pheww that was a mout loud, but hey welcome to the forums can't wait to see some pictures of the new ride and congrats on the Civic. Im sure you will love it for a long time and stick with a honda.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Here are the pictures I promised, my friend took them so some are a little... "artsy" I guess.

It only let me add five but I have a few more, I'll drop them in another reply, if that's against any rules, I apologize, the rules say I can attach up to 15 pics.

Attached Thumbnails New Civic Owner in Dallas-1.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-2.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-3.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-4.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-5.jpg  

Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 PM

Here's the last few.

Attached Thumbnails New Civic Owner in Dallas-6.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-7.jpg   New Civic Owner in Dallas-8.jpg