New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the Civic world...please help me build!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Default New to the Civic world...please help me build!!!

I am a direct importer of custom wheels geared towards import cars. I bought a 91 Civic Hatchback to help show off our product. I want to build it nice and clean. I put a set of wheels on it for now (not staying on long), but really want to dress this thing up. First things first, it needs coilovers and shocks badly, so please help me to choose. I also understand that I should put a removable steering wheel in due to the ease of theft on this car (please help me choose). What I have been told is that I have a B16 swap in it, and I want to do headers and exhaust (please help me choose). That is where I'm starting...please give me input as to what else I should do. If you have new or used parts in good condition, I am in the market (trade for wheels or Paypal)...

Old 04-23-2013, 05:24 AM

Welcome to the forum! My answers are based on the assumption that you are selling legit tuner wheels and not chrome 20" wheels or other "hellaflush" or ricey stuff.

There are a lot of options for each of the parts you asked about.

I have never owned coilovers so I can't offer much input there (I do know of skunk2 and ground control, which are considered good), but for shocks I recommend KYB AGX. Other good brands/models include Tokico HP, Tokico Illumina, Koni Yellows, Bilstein, and more.

Megan racing makes a good header at a much lower price than the others. I wouldn't even recommend others because of this normally, but you are running a business and trying to appeal to customers. For this reason, you're better off getting something really cool and nice. Maybe a Bisimoto header (idk your budget). If budget is lower, go DC Sports. Just do not get a generic eBay header. Read the header FAQ

For exhaust I recommend staying away from coffee can style mufflers. Not only do they sound and look like crap, but you are talking about running a business and trying to attract customers. Coffee can mufflers are going to attract teenage ricers with no money to actually buy wheels from you. Spend some money and get an A'pexi WS2 or something even nicer. Try to get a standard shaped muffler. Here is the exhaust FAQ.

You'll also want an intake. I recommend an AEM, K&N, or Injen short ram (or cold air) intake.

My honest opinion... build the crap out of that engine.

Now, if you are selling chrome 20's and pandering towards the ricer crowd, then I really can't help you. In that case you could just go to ebay and sort by price (lowest first). Then buy the first search result for each part. Ricers will drool all over that junk.